Sunday, January 6, 2008


Well who would have thought she'd call on a Saturday? Not me!....but she did!

Tuesday at 10:30 am the ball starts rolling. I go to Hershey to sign the consent forms for the study drug, I get blood work done, a physical and an EKG. I assume they'll set up the liver biopsy then.

After having every color of the rainbow of feelings with waiting I finally have an appointment and a little bit of fear is sitting in the pit of my stomach.

But that's ok...I moving forward.

I had something happen to me in public yesterday that made me panic and really freaked me out. Although I think I hid it well, I cut myself in a room full of people who know that I carry this little dragon with me. Even though I know that they can not just get it just because I bleed....I also know that the lack of education here would cause them to stampede.

Funny thing is, that's exactly what I wanted to do, run away from it. (or at least the situation) Blood has never scared me before....especially not mine. But standing there in front of room full of people who know what I have and looking at a little cut on my finger bleeding like a stuck pig, I got to tell you, I can't explain what it felt like.

Treatment....Is it time? Is it necessary? Will it be worth it? Hell yes.

I am ready.

3 comments:

Starwtich said...

Finally!!!!! I'm happy are you moving on. Even though it might be not easy, it's worth it.
Waiting with you. And don't be scared of the biopsy.

magda said...

Congratulation! What a great news.

My Other Blog said...

Tuesday, that's great! Are you definitely going to be on the study drug? Find out all you can, take notes, take someone with you if you can (2 sets of ears are better than 1), get things in writing. I KNEW this would come together after the New Year, but I wouldn't have guessed you'd hear on a Sunday either.