Monday, January 14, 2008

Biopsy = Jan 22nd

I talked to Sandy today. She scheduled my Liver Biopsy for Jan.22nd.

She also said that she's figuring I'll be starting treatment sometime around February 4th.

That would make me done right around New Years next year.

It's what I've been waiting for. It's a strange feeling to be waiting for something that is going to both help you and make you sick all at the same time. It's almost as though the anticipation has a split personality. On one side is strength standing up and saying "I'm ready, let's get down to it". On the other side is fear shying away from the thought of that first shot.

All and all, I am ok.

5 comments:

magda said...

almost there, and you will survive this too, like the rest of them. Who knows you might have no sides...

Terry Lee said...

I know the feeling about both sides now. What's weird about the tx is that we are the ones making ourselves sick injecting the interferon and swallowing the Ribas. The first shot day is interesting in that you've waited so long to see what will happen. i just went about my day as usual and pretended that nothing happened. As a matter of fact, nothing did happen. Have you researched AD's? If you haven't, I suggest you do as this crap is strong and making yourself sick every day can be depressing. I started before hand so that I wouldn't have to experiment while on tx. I'm glad I did as the 1st one(Celexa) really screwed me up. Prozac has helped. I happy you finally have a date and we're wishing you a very easy ride. Hugs T

My Other Blog said...

'They' want you to start before the 35 days are up, you want you to start b4 the 35 days are up - this will all come together, with time to spare. Nothing happened to me right after the first shot either, I waited and waited, eventually I fell asleep! In the mean time, while you're waiting - don't forget to breathe!

Starwtich said...

Laurie, treatment may make you feel better, you may gain strength. Some people get anti-sides, maybe you are one of them.
One hand or another it will work out just great.
We are here with you.

Laurie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.