Saturday, May 19, 2007

uhhh?

I don't find myself to be a stupid woman, and I know I'm new at all of this....but you would think that with my lab results in hand I would be able to decipher them!

Well it beats the hell of out of me!

When I spoke to my doctor on the phone he said that my viral load was "well over 4 million".

I've got copies of my lab work from my family Doctor. Went home and tried to look the results up on the net.....that's where confusion sets in. I just want a straight answer....how bad is this?

I won't be seeing the Doctor until July and I just don't want to wait.

Looking it up, there are formula's to calculate and explanations that seem to go in circles. It'll drive ya nuts just trying to figure it all out!

Here's what the lab work says :

HCV RNA by PCR, Qn rfx Geno
Hepatitis C Quantitation

3,970,000 IU/ml
HCV Log10 6.599 log10 IU/ml

Hepatitis Geno Type 1b

Ok, so I get the 1b part.... Is the viral load 3,970,000 IU/ml? Whats log10 and 6.599? And why would my Doctor think that the viral load is over 4 million when it looks to me like it's just under that?

Is this all bad or is it ok or good? Is the viral load medium or high? I know it's not low...but where does it stand in the total scheme of things?

Confusion sets in and my search for an education continues.

LOL.....I never said I wanted to be a doctor!! I rather like my peddy desk job, but if I have to carry this Dragon around with me I'd like to know how much she weighs and just how bad her temper is!

On the brighter side of life,today I hit my first golf ball (I've been corrected on the proper way to say that...I'm now proud to say that I know that you don't Shoot a golf ball...you hit it! :-) ) and tomorrow I'm actually playing in a full fledged golf tournament!!! lol....can you believe it! It seems like it going to fun! Jimmy and his buddy need a player on their team to make four, so he asked me!

O.M.G. What on earth was he thinking!!!!!

Wish me good luck! (hopefully I survive......poor Jimmy! Hopefully He survives!!!!)

3 comments:

Laurie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
TeaStarWitch said...

Viral load does not show a damage of liver, it's just numbers. Log of 10 means if you have VL 3000 000 and it drops by log of 10 it should be 300 000, just take one zero off.
Wishing you all the best

Laurie said...

Now how simple is that Tea!!!

You I can Understand! lol

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!