Monday, May 21, 2007

Ok....So I survived the golf outing! I am so sore this morning that I learned a valuable lesson, Golfing is more physical than I thought!!

Jimmy and his buddy where great. Smiling when I missed the ball completely and patting me on the back when I hit it, even when I hit it completely off course! I guess they just got to the point where they were happy to see me hit the damned thing! lol

I think I'd like to learn more. Maybe we'll go to the driving range for practice.

All and all it was great and so were the guy's for putting up with me!

There are a few things that I'm having to recognize and finally admit.

Fatigue. It's hard on me because I've always been the "on the go" type of person and now I find myself completely wiped out early in the evening or late afternoon. Yesterday at about the 11th hole I began wondering to myself if I'd make it all the way.

By the time we were done I was ready to find a place to lay down.

Fatigue is starting to control what I can and can not do....and I know it's just going to get worse.

I hope not... I want to enjoy life from somewhere else other than my couch.

The second thing that I have to realize is that the fatigue makes me nauseous. I'm trying so hard to gain weight before I end up on chemo and loosing it....

The last thing that I have to realize is that drinking is now out of the question! I had a couple of beers yesterday ( I know I'm not supposed to, but I wanted to treat myself), they didn't help either the fatigue or the nausea! It was so much more worse because of them!

So....rest when I'm getting tired and NO DRINKING!!!!

lol....I am becoming more determined to kick this little Dragon's ass!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Laurie - I just found your blog - we share the same genotype! I trust that as you go along, you'll find that it's not a death sentence or something you and your family need live in fear because of. Just put on your warrior face and GO GET IT :) I've been living healthy w/hepc since '96 and am just now doing treatment. I'm planning on beating this and I know you can, too. You'll find you have lots of support, not only from your friends and family IRL, but all of us out here who are on the same QUEST and truly understand! Hugs, Denise

Laurie said...

Thank you Denise!

You have all become my rock!