Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Monday night Jimmy called a bartenders meeting and broke the news of my Hep C. There are and will be too many questions going around about my health and he felt that it would be better if the Bartenders and Bouncers heard it from us.

He did a nice job explaining whats happening. While Patty (my good friend and a Bartender) became weepy eyed I made sure my back was to her. I can't cry anymore. I have to keep my strength for the fighting this thing. But still the tears are there. I just keep fighting them back.

Is this going to get any easier?

Yesterday Jimmy traveled to Harrisburg where he resigned his seat with State Tavern Association. Next month he'll travel to Milwaukee to resign from the Nation Association. He decided that his priority is here with me while I go through therapy. But he loves politics and I'm affraid he's giving up something that he'll miss very much.

Part of me feels loved and cared for....the other part feels guilty because I don't want to become a burden on him. I don't want to be the reason he's quiting these things.

So many things have changed over the past few months and so many more things will change in the upcoming months.

I take a deep breath and keep going forward....

There is something good that happened last night! My 21 year old son, for the first time in his life, brought home a girl for me to meet!! That's unprecidentented! He's never brought home a girl before!

He's always told me that when he meets one worth bringing home he'll bring her. Now that he finally has I'm floored!

She's beautiful! She's smart and she has a wonderful personality. She's also been my son's best friend for about the past 5 or 6 years. He's claimed over and over again that they are "just friends". But something always told me that it was more.

I'm so happy for him!

2 comments:

MandaRising said...

My dad loves politics but he loves you sooooo much more. More than you could imagine! There may be a few more times when you feel like a burden and that's natural cause you're not the type of person to just let someone take care of you, you'd rather take care of them.
But it's your turn now to be taken care of, you have put your time in.
Remember that when you feel like a burden: he loves you more than politics, he loves you more than life or anything else on this planet. And he loves you more each day. An illness isn't going to change that.

Laurie said...

I love you too Amanda...thank you. : )