Saturday, January 10, 2009

Day 333 - 2 to go

My last shot was last night and I almost didn't do it. I really felt like throwing it into the garbage.

In the end I was a good little girl and took my medicine. Thank God I'm done with the interferon.

Yesterday was painful. The abscesses on my head are driving me nuts. But I guess they have to run their course. Hopefully they start letting up over the weekend.

2 more days of ribaviron and a few more shots of Nuepogen and Procrit and I can get this last year behind me.

It's Saturday and they're calling for up to 8 inches of snow today. That's fine.....let it snow because I'll spend the day on the couch.

I can't wait until life gets better! I'm finally at the end!

Thank God!

6 comments:

My Other Blog said...

Life will get better! I hope you slam dunked that last syringe into your sharps container! I'm glad you're getting some snow- you need to slow down and rest. I can't believe you worked all through treatment! And you did 48 weeks, I was such a wimp I took off about 1/2 of 24 weeks. As soon as the riba starts leaving your system, you should have some more energy - don't overdo things! Recovery takes weeks, if not months.

Robin said...

I happened upon your blog and I wanted to say congratulations on finishing treatment. I'll be starting my own journey soon...biopsy this week. Keep your spirits high...robin

Dorene said...

Congrats Laurie! I am so happy for you!
D

Laurie said...

Iris,

Jimmy and I sang a little song for my last shot. It went a little like "DA DA Da Done"! lol

I still can't believe it's over. I can't wait until Friday! lol My "No shot Night"! I'm hoping that by then my head feels better and then I can completely enjoy it!

No I won't over do it. After a year of feeling like shit, feeling good is within my reach and I do not want to screw it up!

I'll never be able to tell you how much your support has meant to me throughout this whole ordeal.

Thank you my friend!

((Great Big Hugs!))
Love
Laurie

Laurie said...

Robin

Welcome to my blog!

Thank you for the congrates! :)

Please keep in mind that a lot of what you read about me on this blog is directly related to being on the highest dosage of a trial drug that they discontiued after I was on it for the first 12 weeks. It was discontiued because it was just too strong. The drug knocked me down and the interferon with ribaviron kept me down for the rest of tx.

Even with being knocked down by the trial drug, my treatment has been do-able. It may not always be easy.....but it is very worth it!

Here's to Slaying a Dragon!

((Hugs))
Laurie

Laurie said...

Dorene,

Thank you! :)

((Hugs))
Love
Laurie