Saturday, December 27, 2008

Day 319

Well Christmas is finally over. All in all it was a wonderful week!

Jimmy worked pretty much non stop for the past 2 weeks making 2 lamps for Nick, Jen and Amanda. I helped where ever I could drawing the patterns onto glass, grinding the pieces and wrapping them in foil....but still Jimmy stayed up night after night all night long to finish them. 75 hours of work in each lamp!

It was worth it.....they came out beautiful!

Christmas Eve Nick and Jen came over to hang out with us for a while and to exchange gifts. I loved the look on their faces when they opened the box! It was priceless.

Christmas morning turned a little ruff on me but I downed some Ibuprofen and a cup of coffee and got my body moving. I didn't exactly get my house cleaned as well as I would have liked but it was passable. I did get dinner together and that actually turned out pretty good!

All the rest of the kids came for Christmas Day along with my Father in law and Charlie (Crystal and Cory's Dad). It was a nice house full!

My kids and their Father actually found me a dish washer for the counter top! lol....it's a Great present for me....but it's also a nice present for the kids. They don't have as many dishes to do now! lol. I love it and it fits perfectly.

After dinner and after setting up the dish washer, we all sat down and played a couple games of UNO minus Jimmy who had to spend most of the day laying on the bed due to throwing his back out and having a hangover to top it off. Poor guy killed his back making the lamps and then he went out on Christmas Eve to celebrate completing them on time with his Daughter and a couple of friends. He paid dearly Christmas day.

Anyway, hanging out with all the kids and playing cards was so much fun.

Christmas Day was wonderful (minus my sweet husbands pain).

Yesterday Jimmy and I ventured out to go to Best Buy to find our Christmas present to each other. Started out to be the wrong day to go but then it turn out great! Traffic was a killer! People where everywhere. It was nuts! Best Buy was sold out of everything that we wanted and we decided to head back home to a closer local store instead. On the way home we ran across Rex's and almost didn't stop but then turned around and went back.

We got a nice big Plasma TV with a stand and a new receiver for our surround sound. We tried to get a Blue Ray player but they were out of them.

It was time to get rid of our old beat up big screen tv and it turned out to be a perfect present for the both of us.....although this morning I still have to finish setting it up. Oh what insanity that is!!!! What ever happened to just plugging stuff in and having them work? no no Now you have to run configurations and set ups on each component. Takes a Rocket Scientist just to get the tv to work with a receiver! lol

Last night was shot night and yep I'm paying this morning for having such a wonderful week. Everything hurts and fatigue is kickin' my ass. Thank God I have today and tomorrow to recuperate before I go back to work on Monday!

16 Days to go.......

Have a Beautiful Day everyone!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow what a beautiful lamp do you have a webpage that you sell your art on????...Happy Happy New Year I turn the big 45 , amazing to me ..

hugs and blessings!

Sean

GOutten said...

Not much longer now!
Best wishes for the Holidays.

Dorene said...

Morning, what a beautiful tree and the lamp is gorgeous. I agree with Sean you should have a web [age and sell them, course Jimmy's back would really hurt then, I hope he feels better today
Love
D

Laurie said...

Sean,

No we don't have a website. Jimmy does stained glass on the side. We own a bar/restaurant that takes up most of his time right now.

Once he retires from the Bar I'm sure he'll spend more time at the stained glass. For right now he does some pieces for a local Kitchen Cabinet place, our bar and a few people here and there looking for stained glass for their homes.

Happy 45th! Wow born on New Years? Now there's a birthday celebration every year!

Happy New Years!

((Hugs))
Laurie

Laurie said...

GOutten,

No not much longer now. Finally I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Happy Holidays!

((Hugs))
Laurie

Laurie said...

Dorene

Thank you :)

How have you been? I hope that your recovery is going fast and that you're feeling better.

Happy New Year!

((Hugs))
Love
Laurie