Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Day 308

Can you believe that Christmas is next week already? I got almost all of my shopping done....online of course. All I have left to do is to grab a few things for stockings. That's going to require going into a store. At least it'll be a short trip.

Today's a Hershey day. Gotta make sure my blood counts are still holding their own.

I'm also going to spend some time talking to a Doctor who is researching the quality of life for a Hep C patient. I can't help but wonder what he'll do with his research....

It's probably not a good day to talk to this guy....brain fog is thick and my brain doesn't want to work it's way through it for some reason today.

Maybe by the time I get to Hershey it'll be better...

Have a Good Day Everyone.

2 comments:

Rosie said...

Good Morning Laurie,
I hope all is good with your visit to Hershey. I am so happy for you that you are almost done and still virus free. What a wonderful feeling that must be. Will you get any extra time off during the holidays. I hope you have a fantastic Christmas. I seen where Terry said it took 9 months to grow his hair back. Mine is coming in slowly and I kinda look like it is sticking straight up but at least it's growing. Hair only grows 1/4 to 1/2 inch per month and that depends alot of what you body is going through so be patient. I would like to hear about your visit with the doc that is doing research on living with Hep C since both me and my son are doing just that. His last check up was good though, he is holding steady with his liver meaning it is not getting worse although it is also not getting better. I sure hope today brings you some little thing that puts a big smile on your face. Happy Holidays! Rosie

Laurie said...

Hey there Rosie!

It's good to hear that your hair is already starting to grow back and that it's not taking the 9 months that it took Terrys. It just goes to show how individual these things can be. Hopefully mine will be like yours. :)

It's awesome to hear that your sons liver is holding it's own! That news is enough to bring a big smile to everyones face!

The researcher didn't need my interview after all. I guess he filled his quota before I got to Hershey yesterday. I'd still be interested in finding out what he'll use the info for. I know that his study included people living with Hep C, people on tx and people pre-tx.

I'll probably never know what becomes of his research.....

Hope you're feeling well and that you have a Beautiful Holiday!

((Hugs))
Love
Laurie