Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Day 295

With 40 days to go I'm restarting the Peg. on Friday as per Hershey.

While my Absolute Lymphocytes are below 500, my T Cells are holding their own just above 200...so onward we push.

I'm not looking forward to restarting the Peg but I will make it to the end of this thing.

It's funny because with so many people being pulled I was beginning to except that I may be pulled also. Somewhere in my brain I began feeling a little relieved that maybe it was all over....I was excepting that since I cleared the virus by week 2 of tx that maybe 40 weeks of tx was enough. I was talking myself into it.

The news yesterday became a double edged sword. On one side of it I'll be able to put the last 6 nails into my Dragons coffin.....on the other side of it I'll be back on the Peg.

This morning I've had enough time for it to sink in. My mind is turning back to getting into the battle. By the time I take the shot on Friday night I'll be ready for the fight.

40 days...6 injections of Peg, 23 more injections of Nuepogen and Procrit (plus whatever it takes after tx ends to return my Platelets and Nuetrophils back to normal levels) and 160 more Ribavirins to go....

I've come this far...I'll make it to the end.

"Hang in there T Cells, we're almost done."

2 comments:

Dorene said...

Dear Laurie, this is a double edged sword, I am happy for you and sad at the same time. I know how I felt, I got this warrior mode going and thought nothing less than 48 but then realized that 43 was ok too and who picked the 48 in the first place? I even asked them if I could just take a break and go back.
Have a great day
Love
D

My Other Blog said...

Two words: shop online!
Hang in there, Laurie, the end is in sight.