Thursday, November 13, 2008

Day 275

60 days to go.......I wonder.....at how many days to go will I stop having that "yeah but" feeling.

You know what feeling that I mean? The words "60 days to go" comes out of my mouth but my mind still says "yeah but you still have 60 days to go". Will that change at 30? I can't imagine it being the same at 15.

I guess I'll find out......

Yesterday was a pretty good day up until I got home and found out that someone that I used to consider an old friend was arrested for child rape and molestation!

I'm floored! I still can not fully comprehend that he did this and has been doing for 7 years to his own step daughter.

I also can't believe that this is the same friend that I held a benefit for to raise money for when his families home was wiped out in a flood a few years ago.

You never know where the monsters hide.

I truly, full heartedly believe that if a man rapes a child, he should be castrated. I don't mean castrated by taking drugs....I mean castrated in the same way that a dog is castrated. He is nothing more than an animal and should be treated as such.

The sick bastard!

It is my hope that he spends the rest of his life paying for what he's done to this little girl.....because she has no choice but to live with the memory of it for the rest of her life.

I pray that the Judge who sentences him is a Real Man and not corrupted like other Judges have been in the past. I pray that this Judge will see a child rapist and that he will sentence as such!

Crimes against children deserve the severest penalties.

So yesterday started out well but ended in horror.

I am shocked.....

4 comments:

My Other Blog said...

How awful.
Castrated seems a fair penalty - without anasthesia.

Terry Lee said...

I started feeling it was over around 15 days before I finished. I hope it's sooner for you. My friend was charged with raping his step son an during the trial it came out that the boys mother made him say it. Even though he was innocent, my friend lost his job and his life was ruined. He was senior counsul at Standard Oil.

Laurie said...

Iris,

Not even so much as an ice cube

Laurie said...

Terry,

After coming this far you would think that you'd start feeling as though your coming to the end of it....I guess you just can't know how it feels until you get there.

Maybe it's just a protection mode because the brain knows that it still has to keep doing this.

As for my friend, I know this little girl and for a few years everyone has been trying to figure out why she's so withdrawn.

He's been doing this to her for 7 years and threatening her life and her Mothers life to keep her quiet since she was 10.

He last did this to her a few weeks ago. She's just turned 18 and has moved out of the house. She has boyfriend who has given her strength and who took her to the cops. He convinced her that her step father can not hurt her anymore.

As for her Mother, there was no reason for her to get her daugther to say this.

Now after all of these years, it all makes sense. We thought back then that she was so painfully withdrawn because he was just too strick and hard on the step daugther. He wouldn't hit her...He'd just verbally lay into her and she would shrink away. We would talk to him telling him to let up on the kid.

Now looking back....he broke her down over the years. He controled her and she feared him.

No one.....none of us imagined that he was doing this to her...and she would never tell...until now.

I don't think he counted on her gaining strength through her independence and the support from her boyfriend.

If I didn't know the girl and I didn't see how withdrawn she's been over the years, I would have more doubt about his guilt.

In a way, we all failed... everyone around her failed.

So no Terry....I do not believe he's innocent. The signs where there all along and none of us put 2 and 2 together.

Maybe when this is all over, this little girl will find her smile again. She's been without it for too many years.