Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Day 274

Well the brain fog only lasted part of the day yesterday. By late morning it started letting up. The rest of the day moved on pretty fast, the afternoon was busy.

I came home from work to find Jimmy cooking dinner. :) Have I mentioned that my Husband is beautiful?

I stayed up until 9 and then off to bed I went like a little old lady.

This morning is the same ole brain fogged waking up but not as bad as yesterday so I'm sure it will pass very soon.

I have a friend who is on standard tx. She's right around 30 weeks. She started crashing about a week ago.....nausea and fatigue.

When she started tx she went on a general forum site and found a group for Hep C. Someone there told her to stay away from fatty foods while she's on tx!

The one thing that I've learned from "experienced" tx'ers is that while taking Ribavirin you have got to take it with fatty foods. The drug breaks down faster with fat content and moves out of your stomach faster without as much nausea.

Also from what I understand, the high fat causes better absorption of the Ribavirin into your system.

The poor girl has spent her time taking the Ribavirin with stuff like orange juice. She's had nausea all the way through her tx.

If your new to tx, Please be careful about the advise that you find from others on the net. People always mean well (I hope) but sometimes they themselves are misinformed at times. Listen to what they have to say, but then move on and research their advise before acting on it. Even anything that you see here on my blog should be researched before trying....I am just a person going through tx and learning along the way.

Anyway, my heart goes out to her, she's having a ruff time of it right now. Hopefully it passes soon.

As for me, today is going to be good! My Duck is knocking.....


Have a Ducky Day Everyone....

4 comments:

Terry Lee said...

No fat! What nonsense. There is so much misinformation out there. My brain fog was bad but now it's all gone. The only reisual is that my memory isn't nearly what it used to be. Your're almost there. Best to saint Jimmy.

Starwtich said...

Hi sweety, long time no see, ha? I feel guilty not being here, not checking on you. It's just very difficult for me to look back. It almost hurts.
How have you been? I read some of your posts. You are doing OK so far.
Love to both of you.
Kisses and hugs
Your friend Teah

Laurie said...

Terry,
My memory was never too good to start with so that won't bother me.

Just to have my unclouded train of thought back again will be wonderful. I have end more conversations than not with "I digress".

I can not wait to be where you are! You have recovered so beautifully!

60 to go.

((Hugs))
Love
Laurie

Laurie said...

Teah!

O.M.G.! How are you!

You should not feel guilty about not wanting to look back. I can totally understand what that has to feel like....expecially after 72 weeks of this hell!

It is so nice to see your post though. I'm glad that you stop by still every once and a while. It's a real treat. :)

Not much longer....I am getting there. Your help along with Terry and Iris has brought me this far and will bring me to the end.

Have a wonderful Holiday! Make sure you try Pumkin Pie this year! It's wonderful!

((Great Big Hugs)) my friend.

Love
Laurie
and Jimmy