Sunday, November 9, 2008

Day 271

Yesterday wasn't too bad to me.

I had a couple of friends stop by to hang out for a while during the afternoon. Now a days thats pretty rare. I don't really go anywhere so I don't really see anyone outside of work. I suppose it's easy to be forgotten when it seem like you've dropped of the face of the earth.

It was nice to sit and chat with with them for a while. It felt like a little taste of normal. I'm so glad that they stopped by.....

I hung out on the couch for most of the day trying to save up the energy to make it to a good friends wedding reception last night. Saturdays are the hardest and I knew that if I was going to make it at all I'd have to save up what I could.

It worked because we made it there. She looked beautiful and I'm so happy that we got to see her and a few other friends that I've missed over the past year.

2 hours into it and about an hour after my bed time I was ready to go home. That's ok because I was just sitting around anyway.High heels and tx do not make good partners! lol

On the way home my vision once again decided to go bye bye. I don't know why this is happening so much right now. It was dorment for a few weeks there and now it's seems to be back with vengence.

A few minutes after Jimmy got me home it past. Ibuprofen kill the headache that it left behind and I was off to bed about an hour later.

Small price to pay to be able to see Gale on her wedding day.

Other than that, this weekend isn't too terrible.

Maybe Ducky will hangout with me for a while this week.......

6 comments:

Rosie said...

WOW!!!!!!!! You look fantastic in a scarf! It is very stylish on you. My hair is starting to come back but noe I have short pieces stuck up all over the place. Looks like I don't know how to brush my hair LOL. It probally is a good thing you cut yours short so it can all grow back more even. Anyways the scarf looks sooooo nice on you. I'm glad you posted a pic Rosie

Terry Lee said...

Ditto to what Rosie said! Who needs hair when you look like that in a scarf. I see that Lou lost the election, I hope he regroups and runs again in 2010. How's the bar biz? Are you affected by the recession/depression?

SR said...

well you look like the bell of the ball! So my big question is tx you refer to that alot either I am too much in a fog to get it. So glad you got to visit friends at least to feel normal for a moment . I KNOW HOW IT IS . Bright blessings to you and know your one of the angels.

Sean

Laurie said...

You are all too kind!

Thank you!

((Hugs))
Love
Laurie

Laurie said...

Terry,

Right now I think that Lou is going to have to take a little while to recouperate from this election. But you can't keep a good man down! Although right now he doesn't want to think about it...he'll be back again. For now he's diving back into being Mayor and handling the Hazleton Illegal Imigration Act.

Obama's Democratic ticket hurt Lou a lot.

By 2010 my fingers are crossed for him to run again.

Bar biz is holding it's own. The economy is effecting everything right now. With Christmas around the corner and the economy biting the dust I think that all the bars and restaurants are going to feel the crunch.

Like the rest of the nation everyone here is in a "hang on and wait to see how this plays out" type of attitude.

My darling Jimmy's sleepless nights are a testimony to that attitude.

By the way....Welcome home Mr. and Mrs.!!!

Hope the next leg of your travels are just as good as the first!

((Hugs))
Love
Laurie

Dorene said...

Oh My Gosh Laurie! You look great! Thank you so much for sharing, you look very elegant. Again, thank you for sharing
Love
Dorene
Since we are getting closer to the end of tx have you thought about continuing the blog for a while after you finish? I would really appreciate continuing to share if you wouldn't mind