Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Day 267

Congratulations Obama!

Now it's time to see how real his campaign promises are........


I went to vote early yesterday morning expecting a long line but found only 2 people ahead of me, so voting took only a few minutes.

Because I was so early I decided to take a nice slow drive to work. Almost most of the way there I began to realize that I was loosing my vision again. When it starts I get a few minutes before I loose it to the point of not being able to see and I knew I was close enough to make it to work and I did. I sat in the parking lot waiting for my vision to return. Once I thought it was passing and I had most of my vision back I went in. Maybe I should have stayed sitting in the car because it took almost another 15 minutes for the rest of peripheral vision to come back.

Once it was over I was fine again. I had a slight headache at the base of my scull....but nothing that Ibuprofen didn't handle.

Outside of a whole lot of brain fog and some fatigue, the rest of the day was uneventful.

This morning waking up my brain seems very foggy. I guess I could figure some of that brain fog is coming from the Zoloft that I restarted last night. I'm hoping that I can stand taking it this time. It's seems like the tx is really starting to play games on my thoughts. My self esteem has never been so low.....I try remind myself that my body has never been under this type of attack before and it's just the drugs playing games. 38 weeks are taking it's toll.

With all of the holidays coming up maybe I'll find a new distraction, and maybe the time will go faster.

Have a Nice Day everyone.

4 comments:

Rosie said...

Good Morning Laurie, I hope you will be really careful about driving when your eyes start acting up. There are so many crazy drivers out there that it is hard enough when you can see. Just be careful. When your self esteem starts going in the toliet go back and read parts of your blog. Many times people have told you how much you have helped them out or how your blog has helped them get through the tx. You have affected the lives of many people who don't even really know you so that is something to be really proud of. Jimmy seems like a great husband who still tells you how beautiful you are and is there for you. Don't let all these drugs beat down your spirit. You are at the end of the race and will come out being the big winner!!!! Hang in there and hold on to the strength around you!!! Rosie

My Other Blog said...

Ditto to what Rosie said. I know you're probably used to playing Supermom and Christmas, but Supermom can buy every gift, and even a lot of food online, rather than dragging yourself out to crowded stores.
You need to reward yourself with a treat every week - maybe get a manicure or something.
Take it easy. Hope the day goes well for you.

Dorene said...

Dear Laurie, I have heard that the medication can affect your vision, some have lost their vision which comes back after they stop treatment. I know you had your eyes checked, I don't remember what your nurse/doctor at the trial said. I know how this drug can affect the self esteem, thank God you have Jimmy and friends and family rooting for you, you are a wonderful person to share your journey with all of us. Rosie is right, there are days I don't know that I could go on without your blog and the experiences you share with us Thank you Laurie, this treatment is almost over howver I think right now we are all getting sick and tired of being sick and tired. I am up at 2 cause I am having charlie horse cramps all over my body. I am trying to drink more water. I don't know what else to do, the doc just keeps saying it is the medication and I will feel better. I am having brain fog very bad, not sure I should tell work or not how much trouble I am having with the numbers and vision. I want to work, just hope I can continue. Please be careful with the vision, please ask the trial place what they think. I admire you so much for plugging along, "making the journey towards health" I hope that when we look back at this time in our lives we will realize how strong it has made us. They say "that which does not kill us makes us stronger" I am hanging on to every word you say, feeling pretty similar to you, I know we can do this I know it is hard. The sx are the pits. I hope you have a wonderful sx free day today. I will be thinking about you. You are a beautiful strong intelligent woman and we all appreciate you sharing with us. I hope we keep in touch afterwards. You have become a very important part of my life. I am always saying "Well, Laurie said this" or Laurie is going through this. I am sending good thoughts and prayers your way that you will have some much deserved relief.
Lot os love and hugs coming your way
Dorene

Laurie said...

You are all wonderful support for me also.

I'm sure this will pass. Just like all of the other side effects... it's come and sooner or latr it will it will go.

Thank you my friends.

((Hugs))
Love
Laurie