Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Day 266

I got up yesterday morning and fought to clear my mind through all of the brain fog trying to get ready for the hearing. I have to admit that I was really concerned about being able to think straight.

I went down to the local UC office for the scheduled time and sat there waiting. The Claimant wasn't there yet and I found myself chuckling at the thought of him showing up late for the hearing.

Finally we where called and he didn't show!

It turned out to be the easiest hearing that I've ever had to deal with in the 20 years of my having to go to appeal hearings! lol

Well finally today is Election Day!!!! After today we'll not only have a new President of the United States and hopefully a new Congressman named Lou Barletta....but we'll also have some peace again! No more phones ringing off the hooks. No more campaign signs and listening to the candidates slamming each other.

Just peace and quiet as we sit and watch how many campaign promises become truths and how many are forgotten.....

I'm going to go try to vote this morning before work, but if it's real busy I'll wait until after work when I have more time to stand around there.

By the time our new President and Congressman is elected I'll be snoring up a storm. I'll have to ask Jimmy to wake me with the results. Knowing him, he'll be up all night watching it unfold. My poor sweetheart never sleeps and with something like this going on I know he definitely won't sleep tonight.

This morning I'm finally coming out of the funk....I think.

My brain is a lot clearer than it has been and I don't feel too bad this morning.

There is one difference in this Tuesday morning...I forgot to do my Nuepogen shot again last night. That's ok though, I was thinking about changing it to Tuesday nights anyway. Maybe if I have Sat., Sun. and Mon. to recuperate from the Peg. shot, the Nuepogen bone aches won't be so hard to ignore.

Besides, having 4 days in a row with shots seems to be more worth it when I'll have 3 days in row without any.

For now I feel pretty good! I can almost see Ducky again!

No comments: