Friday, September 12, 2008

Day 211

It's Friday....

Funny how I now go through each day asking myself "What day is this? Oh yeah...Monday, it Nuepogen night." or Wednesday, it Procrit night....Thursday, it Nuepogen night. And then there's Friday, Peg. night.

Nice thing about whats happening is that if my counts go back up and they allow me to remain on tx, I'll stay at half dosages and I may be able to drop the Nuepogen shots that I take twice a week. No more bone pain and half the jabbing! That would be nice.

There's lot's of fatigue this morning, but at least the evil little son of a B. Dummer Boy has let up with beating on my brain! I hate headaches and yesterday it just kind of hung out in the background all day long.

I woke up this morning and it was finally gone. I can deal with the fatigue, having a headache along with it just does not make me a happy gal.

Maybe the day will get better. Sometimes it does!

Have a Great Friday everyone!

4 comments:

Dorene said...

Good morning laurie, i was looking on Ebay for a scarf and i found on called a Beau Beau they have their own website i am going to take a look, while they are expensive i figure if i could could find one to wear every day it would be worth it
or i might get some ideas, hope the peg is treating you well, not sure what i am going to do about this lap top not typing caps
have a great day1
love
D

~sharon said...

good afternoon, I agree with you Laurie, I look at the days as to what meds have to be taken. It will certainly be nice to not have that as the main focus of daily life.

I believe it was Iris, who talked about the time lag between injections and blood tests, you would either on the same day of treatment, but I get my peg shot on Friday and Thursday is my appointment days for Hershey. Therefore I have almost a complete week for my blood to be recovering. My levels are low and similar to the numbers that you posted a few days ago were last week. of course, I haven't received the results from this past Thursday's bloodwork.

I have been doing a spreadsheet on the numbers, and it seems that the April 9 bloodwork showed considerable improvement. And I have no idea why. I'm wondering if that was when I was drinking a lot of grapefruit juice and eating a lot of grapefruits. I did read somewhere that that helps the liver and fighting virus. I wish I knew what I did that helped. I do know that through this entire time. I've been eating a lot of watermelon and nectarines... a lot of fruit over all.

As I've tried to analyze things, it seems to me that I'm working very hard to keep all the side effects in the background. And if anyone around me places a demand on me. I snap at them, because I have absolutely no energy left for anything except trying to keep things under control so I can at least function a little.

So sorry to hear you had to cancel your New York trip. I'll keep good thoughts that the 50% dose works for you.

~sharon

Laurie said...

Dorene,

Laptop key board. Yuk! Hope it holds out for you!

I was looking on the net a bit myself for scarves. I guess I'll have to just up and order one and go from there.

Thanks for the idea!

((Hugs))
Love
Laurie

Laurie said...

Sharon,

According to Sandy, the Peg.is time released. There are no peeks and valleys. Although it does start to build up in our systems.

I sort of wish they held my Peg. for a week to let my Lymphocytes build back up.

Hopefully my body can bounce back on half dosages. Just as it doesn't drop lower than the .29 I'll be ok.

This tx makes no rhyme or reason. It does as it pleases when it pleases.

The only thing that seems to help me is extra sleep.

After a while though I start to feel like I'm sleeping the whole year away.

Take care my friend.

((Hugs))
Love
Laurie