Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Day 208

Yesterdays Hershey appt. went ok. I finally got the dreaded copy of my blood work from my last visit. Nothing on it shows that I can up my dosages....that's good, I couldn't handle more. At the same time it shows why I don't feel so great a lot of the time.

My WBC is 2.3, Neutrophils ABS are at 1.10 and my Lymphocytes are at .83....that's low but it's been so much lower and the Nuepogen seems to be doing the job.

My Platelet Count is at 66.

All and all my counts are low but holding their own. This week I'll call for my blood counts just because this report is a few weeks old and I've been feeling a bit more under the weather than usual. We worry that these counts may have dropped even lower.

They refilled my Neupogen and Procrit scripts and gave me a script for Ambien to help me sleep. She also told me about something that might help with all of the itching, Gold Bond Anti medicated Anti Itch creme. I'll stop at CVS tonight to get the Ambien filled and I'll search for the cream....hope it works!

The bad news was that I lost another pound. At least it was just 1 pound this time.....

Lunch with Iris was a treat! It was so nice to sit with her for a while. She looks radiant!

We had lunch at Houlihans in Hershey. I couldn't make up my mind on what to eat so I just picked what I thought would be a safe pick. I ordered a Tuna salad. Big mistake! Raw Tuna on a bed of lettuce with bananas, cashews and a sauce that was very spicy! Yuk and owww at the same time. I could have dealt with it until it became spicy....my mouth finally said no way.

The food for me sucked...but the company was so wonderful. It was so nice to sit with Iris for a bit. I wish I had more energy and felt up to it, it would have been nice to go shopping or to the Hershey Chocolate world with her.

Maybe next time....

I came home and went straight to the couch and then to bed.

Waking up this morning is kind of hard but I'm getting there.

There's a thunder storm passing by this morning and at 7:20 it's making it dark and dreary out. I feel like the morning looks.

Time to get ready for work. Maybe the day will grow brighter.....

Have a Nice Tuesday Everyone!

3 comments:

My Other Blog said...

It's impossible to reason with someone on HCV treatment, so I didn't try - you should have sent that salad back and ordered something else and ate it! No wonder you're losing weight!
I really enjoyed seeing you and Jimmie again, I wish we would have had more time also. Don't over-do things in NY!

Rosie said...

Hi Laurie, Did you find a scarf while you in NY or are you still there?
Well I offically got kicked off tx today! My plalets are still dropping and the VL went from 472 to 424 which is not good enough. I asked her about the resue drugs you are taking to help with your blood but she said they were not going to help the platlets. I go see my doc in 30 days. I will have to start making a list of what I want to ask her as my mind is part in sad, depressed, happy to be off drugs and down right pissed off that I went through 193 days of this for nothing. But I had to try ....right? I think just for tonight I will just put on my ipod and listen to something loud that refuses to let me sit and have a pity party and cry. I need to move today somehow in order to move on. I have some Janis Joplin in there and I loved her (music) as a
teenager so I think I will let her push me to get up off the couch and move! At least for today. I am starting my own daily diary book to see how long it takes to get this shit out of me and how long until I quit losing hair and being so weal. Talk with you soon Janis is calling my name. I feel the oity party way to close to me so it's just me and Janis tonight LOL Rosie

Laurie said...

Rosie,
I'm not going NY until this Saturday.

O.M.G. I'm so sorry to hear you've been taken off trial.

I can't imagine what you're going through. For the first time I'm faced with the threat myself.The thought of it at this point in time is overwelming.

You have yourself your pity party. Cry, Scream yell and let it all out.

Starting a diary is a good way to get it out.

((Great Big Hugs Rosie))
Our thoughts are with you.

Love
Laurie