Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Day 182

A Letter from Teah:

"I'm still in Tbilisi. It's better now, after many days of escalation Russians (devils) are ceasing fire, at least on the papers. But of course they still bomb different lacations. Now whole world saw their real face. My daughter is with me, my mother took a risk and went to the mountains to bring her here. She was lucky to go through that road Russians bomb permanentely and stay alive. I don't understand how they could dare to do what they are doing. They are saing that it was to defence their citizens on Georgian land. Is not it bullshit? If you want to defend your citizens you aks them to come back home. And there was no one and from no one to defend. The only real reason behind it is that Russians can't let NATO and USA influence the region. Georgia wants to be partners with USA, they want to join NATO. Does Russia want it? OF course not. I'm planning to return to NY as before, on September 6, if nothing changes.Thank you for your support. It really helps when you know someone worries about you."

Tuesday night the news reported that Russia has finally stopped shelling Georgia. I hope everything stays calm there until Teah and her daughter leave on Sept 6th.

It must be so difficult for her to leave her family in Georgia when she comes home to the U.S.

Her Mom is such a brave soul! But I couldn't imagine leaving leaving her there. My heart goes out to all of them.

As for me the week so far has been about a lot of fatigue and not feeling the best.....but I don't feel the worst either. This is one of those weeks that my body say's either you take it easy or I'm going to make you hurt! So I go to bed early and I try to go slow throughout the day.

It seems to be getting better as the week goes on, so hopefully before Fridays shot, I'll feel good again. If not Friday's shot is going to kick my ass!

1 comment:

Dorene said...

Dear Laurie, thank you for sharing Teah's letter with us. I was listening to the news today on the way home from work and heard that the Russian tanks had turned around and were going back. If it wasn't for you I would not have known anything about it and would not have known about the brave people there. Teah's Mom is very brave, my heart goes out to all of them
I hope that tomorrow is a better day for you. Thurs and Frid are normally my best days but of course you know how "normal" this treatment is NOT
Love
Dorene