Sunday, August 10, 2008

Day 179

The picnic yesterday was a treat!

We got there a little late. There was an accident on the interstate and traffic went to a crawl. Took us about an hour to go 10 miles. Finally got there around 1:00.

It was in a nice little park in a town called Camp Hill outside of Harrisburg.

It was funny to see my Study nurse and Doctor in a different setting. It's also nice to know that they are just as caring outside of their profession as they are in it. They really are incredible people!

I got to learn that not only does my Doctor hold support group meetings at her home (which I already knew) But she also belongs to a band! Her band, called Godsend, does support/inspiration missions to the Prisons. I'm not sure what religion her faith is through, but I do know that she is a Doctor who believes that Science and Faith go hand in hand for healing.

Her band played a few songs at the picnic and wow where they really great! What talent! Amazing! Who would have thought Doc was so incredibly extra talented!

That combination has made her truly into a healer and not just a Doctor with a practice for a business. She really does care.

My Study Nurse, Sandy, who we didn't think was going to make it to the picnic because she believed that she had a prior commitment to baby setting her grandchildren, was there! It was so great that she could make it. It wouldn't have been complete without her.

Turns out that her daughter was using the baby setting as a cover to make her Mother keep the date open on her calendar. When her daughter found out about the picnic she came clean. It was Sandy's 40th wedding anniversary yesterday and her Daughter bought Neil Diamond concert tickets for her parents for last night! So Sandy made it to the half of the picnic!

Thing about my Study Nurse and my Doctor is that they match up perfectly as a team. Both are very incredible caring women.

Jimmy and I got to meet a couple of people. We met a woman and her Husband who are on the same trial as we are. She's doing pretty good. She pretty much has the same sides as I do except she gets the Riba-rage and I get the depression more. We wound up sitting with them through most of the picnic. They where a nice couple with a sweet 15 year old son.

We also met a gentleman who has been through a bit of hell and back, who spoke at the picnic. He was a partyer who wound up with Hep C, began tx and had his Liver failing. Went onto the list for a transplant and wound up being taken off the list due to a cancerous tumor in his liver. He went chemo and finally had to have the tumor removed after which he was placed back on the transplant list. He received a new liver last September. For all the hell he's gone through he looks and sounds great!

It did sort of help put this tx in perspective. Made me thankful. Things could be a whole lot worst.

We wound up having to leave a little early due to my Friday night Peg. shot causing me major fatigue.

A couple of hours of being there and I wanted my couch.

I'm so glad that we made it. It was such a positive end to a very ruff week. Perfect timing.

This morning I'm waking up feeling that washed out feeling. Today will have to be a couch day. I have to get through the weekend side effects before work tomorrow so I'll have to take it easy today.

All and all I think it'll be a "just Ducky" day.....from my couch! lol

Happy Sunday everyone.

No comments: