Monday, July 14, 2008

Day 153

The Beach was beautiful and the kids had a blast!

I spent most of the time lounging around. The boardwalk was next to impossible for me to walk. Fatigue knocked me out and the sun was a killer. Even though I bought an umbrella and stayed in the shade I still managed to get on hell of a sun burn. Tx makes my skin ultra sensitive to the sun. I never burned so easy in my life! Now it's moisturizer city for me! lol

It was nice having a mini vacation with the kids. But still I missed Jimmy. I'm glad the weekend went fast. It was nice to get home.

I don't think I'll be planning anymore vacations while on I'm on these drugs....it just takes too much out of me.

4 comments:

magda said...

Its nice to leave town once in a while but it is very taxing during the treatment, and sometimes the recovery from the vacation is so long.

Dorene said...

Hi Laurie, I am glad you are feeling better. Hope you didn't get too burned.
I am thinking o you
Love
Dorene

Laurie said...

Magda

You're right! lol Vacations are not the best idea while on this treatment!

But it was worth it....it was my daughters little graduation party too! :)

I don't think I'll plan to go anywhere else though!

Laurie said...

Hey Dorene!

Hope you're feeling better!

Sun burn is not too terrible this morning. I'm just surprised at how easy I burned. I even bought an umbrella to stay out of the sun and still I burned. lol

Be careful if you go out. Tx makes you very sensitive.

Take care!

((Hugs))