Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Day 147

I actually woke up feeling human today!


I slept 10 hours last night and only woke up a couple of times. Maybe sleep is the answer..... Someone posted on a blog somewhere (not sure if it was Terry or Teah) that these drugs have a little war going on in your body 24 hours a day and that it's taking energy to keep that war going 24 hours a day causing you to require more sleep. Problem is that my mind is awake and my body is ready for bed. Somehow I have to learn to convince my mind that it needs the sleep also. If I have to I'll take sleeping pills...I'd rather not....but if I have to I will. Anything to continue feeling better....


Monday was slow. It always is. I went to work, I came home. We ordered pizza and at 9:00 I went to bed.


Mondays.....blah!


Ducky is back for the day so far! I hope he sticks around for a while, I could really use him!

2 comments:

Dorene said...

Good Morning Laurie, I am so glad you are feeling better. If I am not at work I am sleeping, I don't know if it helps but I can't force myself to do more than work. That is why I have always admired you for being able to do so many things. It has become very stressful at work so I guess it takes alot out of me. My doc said sleep and water are the best things I can do for myself. I had a friend on treatment about 10 years ago and she said that her body was trying so hard to fight the virus, live with the tx that she had no energy left over.
I am thinking about you and hoping you improve. Since we stopped the trial it seems to take me longer to feel better as the week goes one. Last week I never recovered from the shot, my doc said I was probably on the 90, then went to the 180 of peg so it is taking its toll. Rose when I first went on A/D's the doctor had me take a half dose for a few days. Sometimes it helps to let you body adjust.
I hope everyone has a good day
Dorene

Laurie said...

Dorene,
Everyone say's the fatigue gets worse during the second half of tx. I was kinda hoping that wouldn't be true for me...lol....but I guess maybe it holds true for all of us.
The extra sleep seems to be helping though, so maybe it'll get somewhat better.
Take care my friend.