Saturday, June 21, 2008

Day 130

Good News from Hershey - after almost 2 weeks of holding tx and then 2 weeks of being on half dosages, tada, I'm still undectable!

I always worry that the virus will raise it's ugly head while I'm down. I think that my Doctor is affaid of that also.

And of course that's exactly why they've raised my dosages back up another level. They put me up to 4 Ribavin a day and now 75 units of Pegasys. If all goes well with my blood counts they'll have me up to 100 units over the couple of weeks.

Good news with that is that it's the best fighting chance against the virus. Bad news is that with taking 75 units last night I'm back to feeling like I've been kicked in the butt this morning.

Yep.....my body hurts, my head is foggy and there is no energy.

My heart raises with any fast movement.

Funny thing about my heart racing is that for years my heart would race and every once and a while I'd go into heart palpitations. A couple of years ago (before I found out about the Hep C)I wound up in surgery having a heart ablation to cauterize the nerve in my heart that causes the palpitations. Now I have no palpitations but my heart still races. They used to blame the racing on my Mitral Valve but all the Doctors said that after the surgery I should be off of the Inderol (heart med). My heart should not still be racing. But it did and they didn't understand it....I knew Inderol would control the racing so I continued to take it and they continued to prescribe it.

Here's the clincher....Now I know what the racing is....now I can identify what it is. I'd had it all these years and everyone just assumed that it was my heart.
The trigger or nerve they cauterized did need to go because it kept getting aggravated by my heart racing and it would set off causing my heart to beat at up to 220 beats per minute (painful stuff), so I don't regret the surgery.

But what causes my heart to race? It's fatigue from Hep C and from Tx!

I never knew what fatigue was until now. I always assumed that fatigue meant that you're just tired, but that's only part of it. Fatigue causes my heart to race and drains the energy from my body.

Funny thing is that I still continue to take the Inderol. Even though the Inderol makes me a little tired, it slows down the racing and it makes it a little more comfortable for me. Doc. says that that's alright as long as my blood pressure remains ok.

When this is all over I'll ween off of the Inderol.

Well that's it for today.....My little drummer boy is strumming my neck muscles and I'm grabbing the Tylenol to get him off of my back!

I'll end up in the hot tub by the end of this day.

Have a Nice Saturday!

7 comments:

Dorene said...

Good Morning, I am glad to hear that your dose is increasing sorry about the sides that come with it. I have been on .75 for about 5 weeks, the last time they tried to increase to 100 I got sick for 3 weeks numbers dropped so back to .75.
I hope you have a nice weekend
Work has gotten worse instead of better so I copied the sides in the consent form and gave them to them in the hope they would understand the roller coaster that I am on. It is terible to be sick on tx and then have to go to work where people do not understand
Love
Dorene

Laurie said...

Dorene,

You did the right thing by giving them the papers! If nothing else, they are informed and you are covering you ass.

Here's something interesting for you to read. Go to this website:

http://www.hcvadvocate.org/hepatitis/Workplace.htm

And read:
Americans with Disabilities Act: Protection for People Diagnosed with Chronic Hepatitis B or C

It's very good information that I think you could really use right now!

Hang in there!

((Hugs))
Love
Laurie

My Other Blog said...

You're a very interesting case - your doctor must love you! They're all scientists at heart and get bored by the people who don't have your ups and downs. But, take it easy.

Dorene said...

Hello again, I forgot to say how happy I am that you are still undectale!! I have worried that same thing since we were taken off the trial part and our doses were decreased
That is great news
Love
Dorene

Laurie said...

Iris,

No I think my Doctor hates me in some ways because I think she thinks that I don't speak up enough. They think that I should call more often and that I should slow down more than I do.

I think there's no real reason to call with every little problem. There's not much that they can do about most of them anyway. I save them up and tell them about it when I see them for my Appt.'s.

I've had 17 surgeries and I've managed a minor heart problem for most of my life....I know that the only way to make it through and to deal with tx for me is to roll with the flow and to only really worry about the big things like high fevers and what it feels like when my counts drop too low...and of course the occassional "What the hell is that?", like the lumps on my neck.

They've probably labeled me as a patient! lol

Me? I'm just making it through this the only way that I know how.

But no, I think my Doctor hates me as a patient! lol

((Hugs))
Love
Laurie

Laurie said...

Dorene,

Yeah, I was worried. 2 Weeks of tx being held on top of the restarting at a low dosage?

I have to admit that I was waiting with my fingers crossed to hear what my Viral Load was at.

But it was good news!

I can't help but wonder if the Virus is already dead.

Have you heard anything on your viral load?

((Hugs))
Love
Laurie

Dorene said...

Hi Laurie, thank you for the web site, people keep telling me I hae rights but I don't know what they are so I appreciate your help. I am working as much as humanly possible
Love
Dorene