Wednesday, March 26, 2008

day 45

Well.....still feeling good!

Yesterday was our "Move in day" for our new office. I had run the network and I thought I had it all set up to be able to just plug and play. In the back of my mind something told me that it never ever works that way, but I had been so sick over the past few weeks that I just didn't get the time to test any of it.
Low and behold the network failed when we hooked up. Took me 2 hours to get us all up and running and even then I don't have it set up properly. But since we are at least up and running, I now have time to take my time to set it up right. I think my patch panel may be bad. I don't know....I'll just have to play with it.

Our office is beautiful and our new furniture is even more beautiful! I have boxes everywhere and I need to unpack before I jump back into fixing the network up and before I take off for Vegas in 6 days.

Just getting the few things accomplished that I did yesterday totally wiped me out last night! I can't believe how tired and drained a little activity can make me!

Tonight is shot night as I am moving the shot out 1 day each week to get it back to Friday night. I get the wonderful experience of doing all 3 shots tonight! Pegasys, Nuepogen and Procrit.

My poor tummy will be nice and bruised for sun bathing next week!

Part of me hates the idea of shot night tonight because today I almost feel "normal" waking up. I dread the idea of ruining that. It always seems like shot night comes on the day that I'm starting to feel the best!

But I'll stop whinning now because I know that the little son of a bitch is getting his ass kicked!

My friends, Terry and Denise are at the end of their tx! Denise is doing her last shot today (WooHoo!!) and Mr. Terry only has 16 days to go!!!

Terry has been one of my greatest mentors throughtout this little adventure. He and his beautiful Magda have kept me on track and have given Jimmy and I so much strength by sharing their experiences with us. 16 days left for him....I can't imagine what that must feel like! The finish line in a little more than 2 weeks! Wow!


You Go Terry!


6 comments:

My Other Blog said...

Take it easy, will ya? Even tho 7.7 Hgb feels better than 6.8, You're still considered anemic.

Rosie said...

Hi Laurie,
First let me say I think you will look totally awesome in short hair! There are so many easy styles out there! I found as my hair gets drier that if I don't wash it every day it feels better. Some days I just rinse and condition it and then when I get out of the shower I do a leave in conditioner too. Now my skin is a different story it feels like sandpaper and I can't keep enough lotion on it. When you went to Hersey on Monday you said you had to take all your pills. I do that this friday. I have to stay pretty much all day as it is to far to drive home. 9am blood drawn then I take my pills then they recheck it at noon and again at 3pm to check the level of drugs in my system. Kinda makes me wonder if some of these are time released. Is this what you did this week when you took all your pills? I thought you were 2 weeks or so ahead of me so I guess I am just being nosey...sorry. I know what you mean though about feeling like you have done so much when it really isn't I seem to get so tired doing nothing and very very weak if I don't eat all the time. As you know I am to fat to be eating so much. Funny how that part of us is just so different.I am excited for you that you get to go to Vegas, I hope you have a blast but be aware that there are lots of people and germs. Maybe bring some hand sanitizer with you. I hope you post a picture of your new hairdo. Is that green do that ducky was wearing the style you are going for LOL Have fun and take care. PS I survived Easter and they all left by 4pm so I went to bed.
Take Care and keep feeling GOOD!
Rosie

Terry Lee said...

Thanks for your kind words, I'll wait for you at the finish line to cheer you on. Try to avoid the antacids as they interfere with the absorbtion of the ribas:-)

Laurie said...

Rosie, I don't have to stay the whole day. They chose a few different Clinics around the world to do the extra testing that you're talking about. I know that another clinic that is involved in the extra testing is the clinic that Emi is at in Australia.
Here in Hershey it's just a lots of blood drawn, the physical, a EKG and urine test.
It might not be that it's time released...it could be that they are checking to how fast the body is absorbing it. I don't know.
Sorry that you have to spend the whole day! I would hate that as the drive is four hours total each time we go to Hershey. The day that I had the blood transfussion took the whole day and we didn't home until close to 10pm.
I thought I was 2 weeks ahead of you too. Monday I'll be at week 8.
Glad to hear you survived Easter....whew! that was way too much work for you to be taking on! Too many people when your blood counts are so low!
I now have hand sanitizer with me 24-7. But you are right and I hadn't thought too much about it...I like poker and the slots so I'll have to have it in my back pocket and remember not to touch my face while I play. (not an easy task to remember)
I'll post my new doo from Vegas! lol (hopefully with no tears)

Take care of yourself Rosie!

((Hugs))
Laurie

Laurie said...

Terry,

I mean every word! :)

ooooh! I didn't know about Riba's and Antacids! I'll have to make sure that I don't take them back to back! Thank you!

Here's to your final days of tx being side free!

((Hugs))
Laurie

Laurie said...

Iris,
I'm taking it easy now! My body tends to remind me just as strongly as you do!

Love you too!