Thursday, February 14, 2008

Day 4 - Somethings wrong with my alarm clock!

Hope this all settles down soon. Somehow I'm willing to bet this tx is something of a camelean. With every 24 hours that go by, things change.

I was exausted last night and fell asleep right away. Half an hour later I was wide awake. Made myself fall back to sleep only to find myself awake again a little while later. All night long my brain woke my tired body up. I'd look at my clock and couldn't believe how long the night was. The time just wouldn't move. I'm so used to falling asleep and waking up to find the time 7 or 8 hours later.

I can imagine how I might need to buy some backup alarm clocks for the next few months as I might just wind up smashing the damn thing! lol

Another thing that changed over the past 24 hours....my little drummer boy has changed instruments. He's now playing the Base Violin and he's using the muscles in my neck for strings that he's tuned way too tight!

Tylenol - yep! we'll see who wins the challenge!

I know I'm starting to dehydrate even though I'm drinking a lot of water. My lips are chapping and feeling puffy. I'm thinking that it could, in part, be leftovers from running the fever on Monday-Tuesday. I hate to use chapstick when I have chapped lips because I Always wind up with a cold sore after using it.

I think I'll swing by the store on the way to work this morning and pick up pedialyte for the dehydration and some ginger candy that Terry suggested for nausea.

Other than that...at least I'm able to wake up. I hate not being able to wake up in the morning to a clear mind. If my mind is clear I can cope with the rest of it.

The lack of sleep worries me a bit about that though....I'll be ok for today but insomnia will eventually start playing a toll. Hopefully I'll be able to sleep better tonight.

So far I'm not as good as yesterday, but I'm a hell of a lot better than Tuesday. Maybe the rest of the day will bring me better news.

For now I'm just Ducky.
:)

9 comments:

My Other Blog said...

What time are you taking your PM meds? The ribas can mess up your sleep patterns if you take them too late. I couldn't take mine after 4:PM, which meant only a 10 1/2 hour difference between them and the A.M. pills, but you got to do what you got to do. Are you taking your pills in the middle of a meal that has some fat in it? Have you tried ginger ale? I feel for you...

Terry Lee said...

I call tx the magical mystery tour. The only pattern I have is that there ain't no pattern. I too take my Riba before 5. They have a very long 1/2 life so you can take the closer together than is recommended. I try to keep 8 hours between doses. sleeping pills really help. Between the sleepers and the AD's I feel like I'll need to go to rehab when I'm done. I'm a member of the whatever it takes to get through this club

magda said...

So far so good! Hopefully this is as bad as it gets.

Laurie said...

I'm taking them at 8:30 pm but I don't know that taking them earlier will really help because they pretty much screwed my whole night. 5 am I was looking at that stupid clock!
I'm going to try tonight to take it a little earlier and see if it helps.
I think I might be screwing up on the taking it with something fatty. That might be the ticket too. They told me to watch my colesterol because it's up to 259. What the hell....I was just eating chicken and salads! lol how the hell my colesterol could be up there is beyound me. I was going to cut out milk, eggs and butter but screw it...I think I'll hold on to the butter and milk anyway..that is, when I'm not nauseous.
I hate the idea of adding more pills to this little messed up mix. If it keeps up i just might.

"Magical Mystery Tour" lol....yep that would fit the picture.

Thanks you guys! It is going to get better Magda...either the sx will let up or I'll learn how to deal with them. No matter how I look at it, I'm in for the long run.

No pain, No Gain right?

:)

My Other Blog said...

If you're awake at 5 AM, you may as well get up & eat something fatty and take your ribas - a lot of people use 'full fat yoghurt' if you can get it - that's 12% fat. Or toast with butter. (Screw the cholesterol, you'll deal with that later, one battle at a time.) Then you'll be ready for your next batch at 5:PM. Trust us on this one, you can't take ribas at 8:30PM and expect to fall sleep before 2:AM!

Rosie said...

Happy Valentine's Day Laurie,
I still don't have my start date but I believe it will be the end of Feb. or early March.
My daughter is 39 yrs. old, then I have 2 sons, 35 & 33. The one who is 33 is the one who needs the liver transplant.See I am almost old enough to be your mom which is probally what I sounded like when I shared my blanket & fever story. LOL You are such a blessing to me that you are doing this blog. I have learned alot from you and the others that write. I hope it has great benefit for you. When I have a night when I can't sleep I always cover the clock, mine is digital, it just seems worse when you realize you are awake again and it has only been 15 minutes since you last woke. Go with the ginger I have used it for years, gingerale, ginger candy, ginger cookies it all works. My hep c doc told me not to use any other pills with the study as there could be more side effects even with herbs. I will have to ask about something for headaches as that is the one thing that really screws with me.
I will hope for you that when you wake in the morning you will feel happy and rested and ready to face another day with your treatment. Sweet Dreams! ZZZZZZZZZZZ
Rosie

Laurie said...

Iris, I am taking your wonderful advise. I'm moving these damn pills to 6am and 6pm. It makes so much more sense! :) I'd move them up more but I don't get home from work until around 5:30, so eating while taking them then would be impossible! Thanks you guys...I love you!

Rose,the people that you see writing here have become experts! I just don't know what I would have done without them. These are my guardian angels! :)
They have a blog that I think would be wonderful for you. I've spent a lot of time on 2 blogs that I have found to be incrediably supportive and full of so much information.
#1HepCNomads
#2 Voices
I'll put the links to both on my front page under "Hero's". You'll have to register to enter, but it's very worth it if you keep in mind that we are all different on tx. What has helped me is that I've been able to go back to my Dr. with ideas and they've checked into them and work with me. For instance, changing the day of my shot. At first they said they didn't think so, but then they checked into it and found that I could move it by a day at a time.
And then there's tylenol. Dr. told me to use Tylenol so I bought extra strength. Iris set me straight by telling me regular strength and that I can take them more often before hitting the max of 2000 mg.s.
The other place that I've been to that gave me probably my biggest education in all of this is a blog called Teastarwitch.blogspot.com
She a remarkable woman who made it through 72 weeks of this. I'm more amazed today than ever! The information on her blog is endless. She would make a perfect teacher.
Headaches and neckaches...I can deal with just about anything except them. Thank God for tylenol...it is my friend.
I'm glad that this blog is helping you :) I feel honored to have you here.

((hugs))
Laurie

Starwtich said...

From dehydration eat cucambers, they have all the necessary elements we need when dehydrated. Don't take any Vitamin C since it's diuretic.
What to insomnia, there was no solutions for me. I went withe the flow. It sucks.

Laurie said...

Cucumbers!!! I love Cucumbers!

;)