Friday, February 22, 2008

Day 12

I'm waking up feeling Great! Nothing hurts and my mind is nice and clear!

I wish I could stay this way for a little while. Tomorrow is already shot day. I'm trying to keep it in mind that after tomorrows shot, I might get an extra day of feeling good out of my week because I've been taking the shot a day earlier each week in order to get it moved up to Friday nights. If this sticks to a routine (which I praying it will, but I somehow doubt it) I'll have maybe 1 day of feeling halfed assed ok and 2 days of feeling great!

The feel of "great" is a double edged sword the day before a shot. I find myself trying not to think about it and telling myself to just enjoy the day and not waste it thinking about tomorrow.

It's hard to learn how to live one day at a time trying to float through the bad days and enjoy the good.

I'm learning to truly appreciate the good.

I'm excited that Jimmy and I will be going to Las Vegas in about 5 weeks! :) Warm weather, a swimming pool, a spa, 2008 Glass Expo, Rest and Relaxation! I won't even have to leave the resort if I don't feel up to it because everything is right there! I can't wait!
I Love Las Vegas!

I am a little concerned about how I'll be able to take the vials of Interferon onto the plane though. I'm guessing that I'll carry it on in the little cooler that was supplied by Roche.....but what about security? Diabetics must have to transport Insulin, so there must be a way. I know that my friend Terry has flown with it but he was told to just tell them that he has "Dahepsie"...lol. I really don't want to stand in an airport telling those people that I have Hep C. I guess I play it by ear. I only need 1 vial to go with me as we'll only be gone a week.

Anyway, I feel more and more awesome as I'm waking up!!

This is going to be a beautiful day! 5-8 inches of snow and all!

Today I am Just Ducky!

5 comments:

My Other Blog said...

Get a letter from your doctor or nurse explaining that you have to carry your medicine in the little cooler. Then take the cooler and letter out of your carry-on bag and show them to the TSA person. (My guess is that the TSA people have seen enough of the lovely blue and orange Roche coolers that they know what medicine is inside, and no one will say anything to you about it.) This is so exciting - going to Las Vegas!!!

Terry Lee said...

They asked me what it was and I said it was my chemo medicine, end of story.

Rosie said...

Hi Laurie,
It seems like you are staying pretty positive. I am glad you are feeling better today. I got my start day..I go Feb 28th at 1:30 We are going to have my shot day be Thursday night as I am off work Fri., Sat. & Sundays. I am hoping to feel good on the days I have to work. I am feeling pretty nervous as you were. I was going to try and sneak in a nap this afternoon but since Sandy( my nurse) called me my mind is too busy to sleep. I think I will go out this weekend and load up on emu oil, water and stuff for smoothies. As far as weight loss I could really use some of that I am about 40 pounds over weight. I'd be glad to send some your way if I could. I am sorry you have to go through all this but it is nice to know I am not alone, sorry if that sounds selfish.
Hey Vegas sounds great, a day in the spa would be cool if you can sneak it in. Do bring warm clothes too though as it can be very cold there in the winter. We have family over there.
Keep feeling good and being so positive. Rosie

Laurie said...

Rosie, if it's selfish to be happy to know that you're going through this at the same time I am....then we're both selfish. It feels so much better to know someone else who is on this drug.
I kind of figured that you'd be starting before March 3rd. I had mentioned you to my research nurse Sandy and she said the final start date for the trial world wide is March 3rd. Since that falls on a Monday I sorta of thought you'd start sometime early next week as they really don't want to start people on Friday's because of blood work witting over the weekends.
I know it sounds strange...But congratulations on getting your start date finally! Time to get this started and over with right! :)
By the way...what state are you in? It's funny that we both have a Nurse named Sandy.
Get lot's of easy to make food. Iris gave me a wonderful tip...cook large quantity foods and freeze them into individual packs.
Don't forget to buy lip balm, I got Aveno medicated lip balm. It's costs a little bit more but the stuff is amazing!
A really good humidifier works wonders too! I wouldn't be able to stand it without the humidifiers in the house.
Everything is going to be alright Rosie. We're going to get through this together. Try not to worry.
((Big Hugs))
Laurie

TeaStarWitch said...

Go to Las Vegas, relax and enjoy!