Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Day 10

10 days....that's it? Man this has got to smooth out soon!

I do feel better today. The ache in my body is gone and my neck is just very tight but my little friend isn't strumming the cords.

I'm getting very worried about dehydration and loosing weight.

This is only day 10 and my hair has turned to straw and is already starting to break off. I'm starting to itch from the dry skin and once again the feeling of catching a cold is back ever so slightly.

I have pedialyte, Saline nasel spray, Moisturizer, Humidifiers all over the house, Lip balm, Leave in conditioner and I drink water constently. But still I dehydrating. My morning urine has turned more brownish than yellow.

As for the weight, I'm affraid to get on the scale. But I see it in my cloths and my belt has lost a notch. That may not sound like a big deal to most people but I work hard at holding onto weight. I'm 5'7" and I started this treatment weighing 126 pounds. 6 months before I had gotten myself up to 135 pounds. Now......I don't want to know.

Problem is the nausea. For instance, I left work yesterday and on the drive home I began hoping that I wouldn't have to pull over. I thought to myself to breath and let it pass. I got in the door said hello to Jimmy and went for the bathroom.

Half an hour later I tried to eat. Took my pills and layed down. But the nausea turned to heartburn and I ate some rolaids. Layed back down and began praying that I wouldn't loose the pills that I had swallowed at dinner.

I began thinking that maybe dinner wasn't fatty enough for the pills so I got myself up and made pudding with whole milk. But that made the heart burn worst so I ate more rolaids. It was around 9:30 last night before my stomache decided to let up.

I am drinking water constently and I'm trying to eat as often as possible....but I just feel like I'm loosing the battle to stay hydrated and to hold my weight.

I going to take the pedialyte to work and try upping how much of that I'm drinking. I hate the taste of it, but I know it has to help somehow.

Nurse Sandy said that these sides will begin to mellow out as I go, but the fatigue will probably increase. I think that I could deal with the fatigue better than what's going on right now. It's almost as though this tx has looked at me and has said "Lets see what her weakest points are and we'll concentrate on them".

This morning I'm not quite ducky.....but I'm getting there. I am feeling better each day after the shot. If I could just get hydrated and the nausea under control. Sandy said that if it gets too bad she can give me something to help with the nausea...but G.D. it, I just do not want to shove more pills down my throat! I already feel like a walking drug store!

If it comes down to it, and if I can't get a grip on it by next Monday, I guess I'll have no choice in the matter. I can not keep losing weight.

And so this little battle continues........

7 comments:

My Other Blog said...

Pedialyte is good to prevent dehydration, but you need to get some calories into you - maybe one of those drinks in cans they give people so they can hold their weight - I'm drawing a blank here on what it's called - ask a pharmacist, they sell them at pharmacies, and some grocery stores. I wouldn't wait until Monday to get some anti-nausea medicine. Sandy can probably phone a RX for something to your local drug store.
Feel better today - that's an order!

Terry Lee said...

The weight loss is usual. I lost 15lbs the 1st month and then I stablized. Same with the dehydration. It takes some time for your body to stablize around the poison you take.

For itching; Gold Bond cream, green bottle and red top. Excellent.

Dehydration eased up for me after about 12 weeks.

Stay tuned for the head trips:-)

So far you're doing really well, all par for the course.

Rosie said...

Hi Laurie,
Sorry to hear your not feeling "So Ducky" today. This is what I found best for dry skin, Pure Emu Oil.
I get it at a health food store locally but here is the web site if you want to check it out. They have products for hair too but I have not tried those. With the oil a little bit goes a long way.
www.jsemuoil.com . Did the ginger help you at all with the nausea? Keep your spirits up best you can and think how great you will feel next year!
Rosie

magda said...

TL was eating a lot of whole wheat bagels and did soy yogurts at the beggining and after few months swithched to regular full fat yogurts. HOpe you feel better

Laurie said...

Thanks you guy's.
I'm headed back to the store to see what I can find. I think that I remember seeing the gold bond cream that you mentioned Terry. I'll grab some of that and I think I'll try ordering Emu oil also just in case.

The ginger doesn't seem to be helping a whole lot...but I still try ginger ale. If nothing else it feel good and cold going down. :)

Wheat Bagels! There's a thought :) Definatly going to get some....they'd help with my cholestol also!

I looked for non-lowfat yogart and I find it's impossible to hunt down in my area. Everybody is trying to loose weight and here I am. lol

Thanks again all of you.

Love,
Laurie

Laurie said...

Iris, I think I'll take a trip out to the GNC store on tomorrow night and ask the if the have something that would fit the bill. I looked around at the drug store and everything that they have is loaded up with extra Iron. Doc said absolutely no Iron so I'm thinking that GNC should carry something that isn't just a diet suppliment.
I guese they just believe that if your under weight you must be enemic and they through the iron in for good measure.
Wish me luck because I think it would be my best bet toward keeping weight on right now. A liquid drink I could get down quicker before my stomach starts moaning about it! lol

Thanks Iris!

Love you!

TeaStarWitch said...

For itching scalp get some medicated shampoos, you will find them in any drug store. For itchy skin just regular body lotion or body butter is good.