Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Tuesday

Well it's 2 weeks ago today that I called the research nurse who told me that she'd call me back in 1 to 2 weeks....and still no word.

She's only looked at my name for about 3 weeks....I can't imagine her understanding my frustration, me I've been hanging here for 9 months.

If I don't hear from her by tomorrow I'll call again.

Wednesday is my daughters birthday. 18! Just doesn't seem possible.

Sunday is my birthday....42. yep, that feels very possible.

I've been reading and searching for things could help me with feeling so tired all the time and I ran across a few interesting things. the first was about fatigue and my little dragon.

It seems that when you have Hep C your body is forever battling the virus even while you sleep. The battle drains a lot of your energy resources causing you to wake up with this feeling of not sleeping. Makes sense...maybe.

Well I guess my body is putting up one hell of a battle because I wake most mornings feeling like shit .....except for the last 2 days.

Yesterday and today I feel absolutley great. I wish I knew what was causing me to feel good because I'd continue to do whatever it is.

I'm going to the GNC store tonight to see if I can't find some things to help, maybe B-12 and something called Coenzyme Q for some kind of pep. Ginger for nausea that comes and goes.

I don't know if any of it will help...but I have to do something until I get that phone call. Besides, it'll be my birthday present to me! ;-)

6 comments:

magda said...

It is interesting, when you have a lot of bad days, sometimes the memory of the good days, gets one through...

Also there is a supplement called
Guarana, that suppose to help the fetigue.

My Other Blog said...

If you don't get any answers from the nurse tomorrow, try to put it out of your mind until Jan. 2nd. If you keep calling after tomorrow, the person you're trying to get answers from will probably be off, and you're just going to get more frustrated. Enjoy your birthday! (What I wouldn't give to be 42 again!!!)

Terry Lee said...

Hi Laurie, these people move at their own pace. There is a protocol. Nothing can happen until the biopsy results are analyzed. After that, if they recommend that you tx, you will have your heart and eyes tested and probably thyroid and a few other things. After that, if you enter the trial, they will start you when the drug company says. The Dr and the PA won't know until the last minute. If you call and ask them when they think you'll start, they can only through an educated guess at you. They called me at 4:30 on a Wednesday and said I had to start the next day. I told them to try again and they said the absolute last day I could start was May 10th so I took it. I guess I'm trying to tell you that you'll be on tx soon enough and for a long time and you should do your best to stop anticipating the unknown. It will be here soon enough:-)

Laurie said...

Terry,

I know it's going to be a long and difficult road. I don't want to be sick and I don't want to be faced with all of the bullshit that will come with it.
But I am. So I want to get it over with. Life for the next year is on hold until I start and I see how I'm going to manage it. Everything is waiting in limbo...parts of my work...vacations...even charity work this summer...all on hold because I just don't know. That "hold" becomes longer because my time is pushed back waiting.
Am I in a hurry to be sicker? No
Limbo is not a nice place to be and if I at least understand what it is that I am waiting for then at least I feel like I'm not in limbo. Maybe knowledge is just a tiny little step forward...but I'll take the tiny steps over no steps at all anytime I can get them.
At least I feel like I'm moving forward.

Laurie said...

Magda,
Guarana is something that I've heard about before. Do you know where I can find it? I looked in GNC but they don't have it here.

Do you know if the Guarana drink is better than the pills?

:-)

Starwtich said...

Our bodies feel exhausted because when we have hep c our liver can't filter out all the toxins we have in the blood, so it leaves up to us how we are going to feel and we feel very tired.