Thursday, November 29, 2007

O.M.G.!! Drama Drama Drama! What the hell!

I AM TRYING NOT TO STRESS OUT!!! I REALLY AM!

So this afternoon I happen to look at my cell phone and I see I missed 2 messages.


First message 6:00 pm-

"Ok....hey Sis...this is Deb...how the hell ya doin' ....been a long time....how ya doin'? Just checkin' on ya. Got a little bit of news for ya...well ok...I'll try back later. Maybe tomorrow. Ok love ya...bye"

Second Message 8:00 pm -

"Hey Sis...it's me again...I guess I'll keep tryin' ya...hope everythings good. I have some news...I'll try ya tomorrow"

It's been 6 months -22 days since I told her about Hep C. This is the first I've heard her voice since.

So with Hershey tomorrow and my brain already twisted....can anyone tell me what the hell I'm supposed to do or say her?

Please??????

Guess there wasn't already enough bull shit piled up....."kerplunk"....lets just load some more on there!

5 comments:

Terry Lee said...

Take a deep breath and move forward, The anticipation is the worst part. Are you going on Pegasys or Peg- Intron?

My Other Blog said...

OK, time to prioritize here - if it's been 6 months since you talked to your sister, this can wait until you get your treatment plan squared away. If you want to talk, call me tomorrow. Hope everything goes smooth today.

Laurie said...

Hey Terry...Hope your flight was comfortable.

I don't know which yet..I'll find out today. :-)

U.C.
Yep...I think that's exactly what I'm going to do.

She called and left another message on the cell last night.

She's ingaged to get married.

That was her "news".

I'll wait until I can put the "Politicians Happy Face" back on and then I guess I call her and wish her all the best. I'll tell her I'm doing just fine (because to say anything more will have me thinking she really gives a shit) and then I'll say good bye. I'll never call her again.

Deep Breath taken....I'm moving forward and moving on.

Anonymous said...

Hey Laura - I have Hep C and am in great denial about it - it has worked for me thus far, but admit that keeping up the mask when exhausted most of the time and depressed and looking for work is beyond. That you are so positive - many of you responding - well, I feel a bit like a failure. My feeling for so long was if I didn't feel sick, I am not sick. I may just be wrong. I am horrifid at treatment options and feel that I may be simply not have the strenght to do it. I am so sad so much of the time that life may not be the option.

Laurie said...

I don't always feel possitive...but I keep trying. I learned a long time ago that life is really what you make it.

Tx scared the hell out of me...and it still does, but the thought of so much damage to my liver scares me even more....so I choose to fight.

Waiting to fight drove me nuts. But now that the fight is here, the pain of tx is worth the battle.

Each one of us has got to decide what is best for us. For me it's tx....maybe for you it's waiting. You'll what to do when you made up your mind. The trick is not to second guess you decision!

Am I doing the right thing by tx'ing? On top of that tx with an experimental drug? Am I doing more harm than good? Is this worth the pain and will clear the virus?

I don't know.

But it's the decission that I've made and it's time to find out over the remaining 45 weeks.

Both roads, to tx or not to tx, are very difficult to travel. Non of it is fair.

But life is worth living and my family is worth giving for.

Be strong my friend. Step outside and take a deep breath. It feels good and the world is still a beautiful place if only you look to see it.

Stay in touch. My thoughts are with you.

((Hugs))
Laurie