Friday, October 5, 2007

Grrrrrr....Fatigue

What is with this? I know it's Hep C that causes fatigue, but what is it about Hep C that causes it?

I mean what is the Hep C doing that makes me drag my butt so much?

I go to bed at night and 9 times out of 10 I'm so tired that I can puke....then I wake up tired. The 1 time out of 10 that I'm not totally wiped out at night I usually wake up way too early, unable to go back to sleep but feeling like hell....so I just get up anyway.

Coffee and tea are my best friends (even though I know they shouldn't be).

And who knew that fatigue could be so uncomfortable? My whole body screems "I'm exausted lay me down". But I try to push through.

I live with it....sometimes it's not easy but I try to keep it to myself and carry on. It seems like if I bitch about it, it just gets harder....it seems like the fatigue grabs a harder hold like something in my brain is just giving into being tired. If I just try to struggle through the day and put my mind elsewhere I end up on the couch the moment that I come through my front door...but I made it through the day.

Being busy at work seems to help too. The less that I have time to think about it the better I'm able to push through the day. It hurts my concentration at times, but I'm starting to realize that I have to work harder at paying attention. That's a chore in itself.

Food seems to make a difference. I've eaten so many salads that I should be turning green. Last night I had pasta and this morning I'm not feeling too terrible.Give me a hamburger or deep fried food and I will feel like shit a few hours later.

Then it's a circle that I end up in...Eat a burger ...feel like shit....get exausted...don't eat because I feel like shit...feel like shit because I'm not eating...get upset because I lost some weight...back to salads.

I don't think it's my liver. I haven't had a liver biopsy yet, but I don't think my liver could be that bad. Or at least I hope not.

So what it has to be the Hep C., what exactly is it doing that makes me feel like this?

Well anyway....3 days until my last A&B vacine.

76 days until I go to Hershey.

And my sister...she hasn't called. I think I'll just stop waiting for that one. (shouldn't matter anyway)

Hi Ho, Hi Ho it's off to work I go.....


"I don't feel old. I don't feel anything until noon. Then it's time for my nap." - Bob Hope

3 comments:

Not Blank said...

I don't know what it is about Hep C that causes exhaustion. It's a virus, just like any other virus - when you have a cold you feel tired, same as the flu. You WILL learn how to feed your body the foods it needs and can tolerate, and eventually you will stop eating the foods it can't process. It took me years of eating the wrong foods, having them go straight through me, and then feeling lousy to realize - "you know what I'm not going to eat XXXX anymore, it doesn't agree with me." It took me years after that to realize the food problems were caused by HCV. (At this point in my life, I eat so much chicken that I don't shave my legs anymore, I just pluck feathers - joke- ) Take care, see you soon.

TeaStarWitch said...

Why we feel tired by having HCV? It's becuase our liver can't filter all the poison we get in our blood. Wrong food is the biggest problem for liver since it has to digest it. Fried food causes Free Radicals to have party in our liver (Free Radicals are cells with single unpaired electron which try to get that electron from a normal cell by damaging it) So, please watch what you are eating. Meat can cause "meat intocsication" of the body if you have serious problems of liver. I feel much better without it and even chicken I eat once a month and don't even miss it.
Eat healthy, that's the keyword for everything good: good health, good looks, good energy!

MandaRising said...

You know I am a fan of veggie burgers...Not meat I know but very, very tasty! LOL! Tried to make you laugh and hoping it worked :)