Wednesday, August 1, 2007

July's Gone

Another page on the calendar turned. Another Summer mile stone passed.

Every Summer for years I've cooked food for a local charity call "Helping Hands". Since Jimmy and I have been together he's been recruited also.

Helping Hands is a group who help local children. They provide help for abused children.There work is incredible.




This past weekend was a Helping Hands weekend. Saturday Jimmy and I cooked for Poker Run. I have a friend who every year grabs me for the bike games and for the past 3 years we've won the weeny bite....lol! We won again again this year! I got a new leather purse and a gift certificate for a local restaurant. The weeny bite is a game where they dangle a hot dog loaded with mustard from a string and you ride the bike under it while someone on the back stands up on the bike and bites as much of the hot dog off as they can get! LOL. It's all fun.





On Sunday our Helping Hands weekend continued. We had a foursome in a benefit Golf Tournament. It was a very Hot Day until it rained! But it was fun. Only thing is, I hit a wall half way through the 18 holes and I ended up being the cart driver. I was so beat from all of the activity that I just sick from head to toe. I think our team came in last place! But it was for a great cause.

I know that I have to learn how to pace myself....but I can't right now. I know that next Summer will probably be lost and I want to have it all this year while I can. I wish I could bottle some of it to save and enjoy later.

This weekend we have nothing to do! Thank God.

8 more days and I go to the Doctor.....

And the Summer marches on......

4 comments:

Not Blank said...

Thanks for your comments on separation anxiety, loneliness, etc. Maybe I'll point my car in your direction this fall?
ENJOY the summer, it's going by very fast, don't let it slip away too soon.
Take care,
uc/MYS

Laurie said...

You know where we are and you are ALWAYS welcome!!!!

:-)

TeaStarWitch said...

Sounds like fun!!!! I've never even sit on the bike I'm so scared!
And maybe I will join Madame Uncertain and we all have fun together? And your neighbours will announce that area as hazardous!!! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL Screw them

Laurie said...

LOL!!! Tea...You guy's are always welcome!!

It would be the funnest hazardous area around lol