Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Hershey = November

I finally heard from Hershey Medical Center. They excepted me as a patient during last Friday's meeting and called today set up my first appointment.

At first the woman on the phone said January 31st.....I couldn't help it, I just started crying.

She said she'd put me on a waiting list if someone cancelled.....but by the time we hung up the phone she was able to squeeze me in for November 30th.

It's such a long wait....but better than the end of January.

I am not going to get depressed about it. I am fighting not to. I'm trying really hard.....

I'm just so tired ..........and I keep getting colds from people around me, making me even more tired. Why is it that I catch a cold everytime I even look in the direction of someone who has one?

For now I guess I'll just keep pushing forward.....keep waiting....keep fighting through being tired and I'll try harder to stay away from people with colds.

4 comments:

TeaStarWitch said...

November is not bad! It's right here, around the corner! And you will be treated by a very good doctor, who knows what he is doing. Worth of waiting.
Good luck with everything : )

Not Blank said...

The fall pretty much flies by, after Labor Day, you blink and turn around and it's Thanksgiving - suggestion - get all of your Christmas shopping done NOW before November 30th! Also, wrapping presents - do that as you buy them. I'm so excited you have an appointment, and it is probably for the best that you're going to Hershey - my doctor had very little experience treating HCV patients, I should have gone to someone outside of my neighborhood who did. All the best to you and your family.

Laurie said...

You're right Teah. I knew that wanting an appoitment for next week was unrealistic. November is so much better than January!

Funny how much better everything appears the next day. It's like I always need to sleep on something to be able to see the possitive side of it.

They excepted me at Hershey...it could have gone the other way.

I do feel better about having this Doctor....it's got to make a difference.

November it is then....lol...I hope my first shot won't be on my birthday, December 23rd! If it is...that will be ok, it'll just mean that for my birthday I begin getting rid of this dragon and by my next birthday I'll celebrate my victory!

Laurie said...

Shopping!....Wow...gotta start now!

LoL...it'll be the first time that I'll have it all done on time. :-)

Thanks U.C. , it'll help the time past too!