Wednesday, May 9, 2007

May 9th - Las Vegas

Wow....Las Vegas has been Beautiful!

We've been all over this City and still we only saw a small portion of it. Went gambling a few times and lost...of course. But boy it was fun!

My husband, who hated the thought of getting on a horse, took me to do what I mostly wanted to do here.....go riding. We went way out into the desert on a dinner ride. My horse was Jules...beautiful horse. He had "Buck". Lol, he wasn't too sure about the name, but Buck turned out to be very nice to him. Only problem though was that the tour guide put my husband at the back of the pack and put me at the front. Sucked. I'm not sure if he just wanted an experienced rider up front or if he wanted a lady to flirt with. Anyway the ride was beautiful and my husband became my hero! (swollen knees and all)

He's making sure that our Summer is fulfilling. I love him so dearly....he gives me strength just by the look in his eyes. He holds me up and I am so much better because of him. I am loved and I know it.....and my heart aches more every day as we come closer to the day that I will be "sick"...

We've been here 5 days and in a few hours it's time to go home. Part of me is ready ......another part wants to just hang here in limbo.

This Saturday we'll take the kids out to my father in laws house. He has a cabin on a small lake with 10 acres of gorgeous woods. He lives there alone since Jimmy's Mom passed away a few years ago of leukemia.

I Wish I could have met her.

My Father-in law has been having some trouble with his back and his foot. He's so stubborn that he'll never just relax and heal, so we're thinking that if we hang out there with him he'll behave for at least the day. Not to mention the kids will have a blast at the lake and in the woods.

Sunday is the day that I dread. The kids and their Father don't know about the Hep C yet. We wanted to get the Geno Type and Viral load back before we sat down to tell them. We thought we'd have some type of good news to tell them. When we got the news of Geno type 1b and the viral load....we decided to hold off until we came back from Vegas.

So Sunday is the day. We've invited my ex-husband to dinner and we'll sit down and break the news.

My ex makes a good ex. He doesn't drive me too nuts and we are all friends. He works hard at trying to be a good Father and while we don't always agree....we usually find our way through raising the kids. So, some Holidays he comes for Dinner. Since this is not a Holiday....he knows that somethings up. I need him to be there for the kids....I need him to see how they react so he'll know how to help them through this.....and i need him to know so that the kids can be tested.

My oldest son, Jonathan the 21 year old, already knows. He seemed to be fine at first....but then when we got the Geno type and viral load back I didn't realize how it would effect him. I really screwed up and told him in the Bar.

Oh, by the way.....we own a Bar. A 2 story Bar with a small restaurant. Kind of ironic since I can't even drink....lol.....it's iced tea for me!

I manage a Texas Holdem' tournament on Wednesday Nights and my son plays. While we were waiting for the players I told Jonathan about the test results and he began to cry. I felt like an insensitive bitch! I just didn't think.....

So, this Sunday, after Dinner.....with Jimmy and Jonathan at my side...I'll find the strength....I'll find the courage.....I'll tell my 2 youngest that I have Hep C.

I hate this.....it's just not fair.

We fly in a couple of hours.....and the wonderful world of Hep C is back rolling around in my mind. I really want to fast forwar through the next 2 years.