Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Day 237

98 days to go.....

Well I kind of had hopes that with the reduced dosage my hair would stop falling out, but no it's still falling out. I wonder how long it'll take to grow back....

The worst part is that nothing seems to help my poor dry scalp. I'll try this weekend to sit with moisturizer on my head to see if maybe it'll help some.

The good news is that the fatigue is still going easier on me. I still can't do much of anything physical, but at least walking from room to room doesn't floor me.

This morning is kind of ruff. I hope the day gets better.....I'm sure it will.

Happy Tuesday everyone.

5 comments:

My Other Blog said...

I hope Tuesday got better as it went along.

Dorene said...

Good Morning Laurie, I hope today finds you a little better
Congratulations Magda and Tery! What a nice picture. Thank you for sharing Laurie. Got a flu shot, hurts so bad I can't sleep, I don't remember having one this bad before, maybe the Peg is affecting it? It is hot swollen and keeps waking me up. So, decided to get up for awhile and hopefully go back to sleep for a bit
Have a great Wednesday everyone
Love
D

Laurie said...

Iris,

Tuesday got a little better :) thank you

((Hugs))
Laurie

Laurie said...

Dorene,

When I went to my family doctor they asked me if I wanted a flu shot. I told them that I think I'm already getting enough stuff injected into my body and that with my Lymphocytes being so low, it couldn't be a good idea. They wound up agreeing.

I think I'd rather risk the flu and now after hearing how you've had a reaction...I'm glad I passed.

The way I understand it, the Inerferon is a anti-viral medication. Maybe I'm wrong...but it should help against the Flu virus. It won't help against bacterial infection, but it should help against viral....from what I understand anyway.

I hope it lets up for you soon!

Have a great day!

((Hugs))
Laurie

Dorene said...

Good Morning Laurie, you are probabl right, I could have skipped the flu shot this year, the reaction is not as bad today. It was just that first night the pain in my arm was bad,
You were talking about the hair loss and I was wondering if you have found anything to use for it a carf a hat something. Not only have I lost over half of mine but the texture has changed and I can't do anything with it. I know, silly, it just depresses me that there is nothing I can do with it. If you have any tips, please share :)
Love
Dorene