Friday, May 23, 2008

Day 103

As expected I woke up this morning with bone pain from the Nuepogen shot. I hate taking a full shot! But I know what to do...I'll grab 2 regular strength Tylenol and 1 Ibuprofen this morning to knock it down to a dull ache and then I'll follow it up throughout the day with more Tylenol. My research Nurse taught me that one and it works pretty good. Keeps the bone pain down to aches.

Tonight is my Step-son's rehearsal dinner downstairs at our bar. I wanted to decorate the restaurant but I can't do it. I did pick up candles and ribbons for the center pieces on the tables. That's about all the decorating that I'm going to get done. I wish I could do more.....

Tomorrow is the wedding. With my Pegasys shot being held back because of my low blood levels, I'm sure I'll feel better then if I had to take it. Hopefully I can make it through the whole thing. My fingers are crossed.

Thank God that it's a 3 day weekend this weekend.....I think I need it.

I found this poem that I thought was so fitting, it had to be written by someone on tx. It just fits so well......

The pity party
by Sue Falkner Wood

Let’s have a pity party
It will only be us two
You come just as you are
We’ll have a barbecue.

We’ll “roast” all our relatives
Those dead and those alive
While our bodies fall apart
How can DNA survive?

We won’t have cake or ice cream
We’ll just have pity pie
Topped off with guilt, regret
And end with “Why, oh, why?”

We’ll live it up
We’ll wallow a bit
And when we’re finished
We’ll pitch a big fit.

We’ll stomp our feet
And pull out our hair
We’ll complain to the world
That life isn’t fair.

We’ll whine about doctors
Do they do all they can?
We’ll malign the whole profession
As we blame it on “the man.”

When we become exhausted
We’ll play “all fall down”
We’ll see if life makes sense
As we collapse on the ground.

We’ll stay down for awhile
Then we’ll howl, “ENOUGH!”
This isn’t really living
It’s more like “blind man’s bluff.”

We’ll open up the windows
Jump back into life
Shake it all off
Surpass all the strife.

Our bodies may be wounded
We may have daily pain
But thank God we’re still alive
Not circling the drain.

So stand up tall
Spit life in the eye
It’s really tragic
If we don’t even try.

2 comments:

My Other Blog said...

Hope you have a great weekend!

Dorene said...

Love the poem, hope you have wonderful shot free weekend! You deserve some fun
I wl be thnking of you
Love
dorene