Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Day 66

Yesterday was great! I felt better and better as the day went on. By mid morning even the nausea gave me a break.

I didn't take the Zoloft so I know that had to help. I did call Sandy and she said she'd call in a new script, but I guess she didn't get around to it yet. Maybe today. I know that I have to go back on an A.D., I don't like the frustration and anger that comes out of no where because of these drugs. It's just not me.

Zoloft is just not the answer! I hope the next script will do the trick without the added sides.

Work was even better yesterday. I'm actually almost caught up again. It's so much easier to play catch up when I'm feeling better. Even though some fatigue was still there, my mind wasn't clouded by nausea and body aches. I zoomed through loads of work and the day was so nice!
Today I have to tackle the patch panel for the network. I'm not looking forward to it. I hope I continue to feel good and that I do ok without the aid of A.D.'s . Mostly I hope that I don't smash the damned thing! lol
Wednesday....it's Procrit and Nuepogen shot night. So many drugs.....




For now I think Ducky has come back home.....
I hear that his twin brother has taken a trip to California to visit Terry!
I don't think I want my Ducky to know....lol....the weather is so much nicer out there! lol
You Go Terry! :)

2 comments:

Rosie said...

Hi Laurie,
Well my blood counts dropped again. They took me off everything except the riba. I am going to call the nurse tomorrow and ask her about your resue drugs. I was just wondering is Procrit & Nuepogen the true names of the drugs or like nicknames? My rash is so bad my skin is cracking and the itching WOW! Has anyone found anything to really mositure the skin? I have tried every lotion & oil and my skin is like sandpaper. It has spread to my head and working it's way down my forehead. Got any ideas?
I am so glad you had a good day. I know you were ready for one. I sure hope you can get the nausea under control Laurie...that is what scares me about you the most. Are you staying away from acid type foods like tomato sauce or orange juice or does it make a difference for you.
You also said the rescue drugs were very expensive..how expensive if you don't mind me asking. I have Kaiser for insurance so I don't even know if they would cover it. Thanks for any suggestions. Have another GREAT day with ducky! Rosie

Laurie said...

Nuepogen and Procrit are the names of the drugs. I don't know that the drugs are under any other name but if you say the names to your Doc. he should definatly know what you're talking about. Both drugs are very well known for treating chemo patients.

If I where to buy these 2 drugs straight up from Curascript (the pharmacy company out of Florida that supplies them to me) they would cost $3500.00 per month.

I was told by Hershey that sometimes it may be cheaper through your Ins. if you have a Doctors office do the injections. It didn't matter with my Ins. company though. They didn't care who did the injections.

Getting them to move on shipping the drugs to me a.s.a.p. was a bit of a fight. Lot's of phone calls and threats. They wanted to wait up to 72 hours before they shipped them to me. I needed them that night. After fighting with them they finally shipped them within 24 hours. It was a struggle.

Now the refills for the script come trouble free. It was just the original filling of it that was hard to get.

If I where you I would get in touch with the Insurance company now even before you have the script and find out what their protocol is. These drugs can't usually be ordered at your neighborhood pharmacy, they usually have to be ordered through the prescription company that's working with your Ins. company and then be shipped to you. Mine come by FedEx.

The tx drugs suck the moisture out of your body. Just using moisturizer alone won't really help unless you get your whole body hydrated. I had to drink a lot of Pedialyte and gatoraid when my bloods dropped. I still drink gatoraid now to keep my body hydrated.

Pedialyte tastes nasty though. I can remember giving it to my children when they where babies and had the flu. They always made the funniest faces! Now I know why! Thing is the stuff really works.

Gator Aid tastes better but isn't as strong of an electrolyte solution as Pedialyte. Gator Aid is more of a good maintanence drink.

Try Pedialyte along with your moisturizer.

I think that the rash was directly related to my blood levels being so low. It's not as hard to control now that my levels are higher. Hopefully your's gets better with your levels also.

Rose, you really have to push your Doc. to contact Roche. Roche allowed the rescue drugs for me, I can't see why they wouldn't for you.

By the way, when my bloods first began dropping they lowered my Riba. Then when I continued to drop they lowered my study drug and finally withheld my inerferon about a week later. Good thing is that after about a week and a half of lowered Riba and Study drug with no inerferon...my viral load remained the same!

Hang in there Rose! I'm praying for you!

Keep in touch and let me know how it's going!

((Big Hugs))
Laurie