Sunday, April 6, 2008

Day 55

Yesterday wasn't too bad! Just goes to show you that you can't predict what you'll feel like from one day to the other. Or is it that after a while you just lower your expectations of what feeling good is all about?

I woke up aching and tired but after I popped Tylenol I didn't feel too bad. Nausea even left me alone for most of the day....that's rare.

Jimmy had a class that he thought was very boring and just couldn't get into to, so he bugged out early. We spent the rest of the afternoon strolling through the exhibit area. Walking around for long periods of time wears me down quickly but luckily they had chairs everywhere that I could find for a break. In the mean time I spent way too much money on tools, glass rods and a book for my torch work.

While Jimmy was still in class I had my hair chopped. The stylist did a nice job I think. She didn't chop it too short and she kept it in long layers so that I can still pull it back if I want to. I can also wear it straight and look like a business woman or I can wear it curly and have a more sassy look. I guess that if I had to have it chopped, this is the best cut I could have gotten.....so she did good. I'll have to post a pic when I get home.

Today's our last day in Vegas. Tomorrow we fly. :( I wish we could stay one more week but I have to go to Hershey on Wed. and to work on Tues. Soon we'll be back to life.

But for today we still have the Mountains and desert to enjoy. It's only 6:30 here and I've managed to see the sun rise each morning. It's beautiful!

Woke up this morning with nausea that's finally passing. I'll grab a Tylenol for the achy body and I hope I'll be set for another day. We'll head down to the exhibit floor to pick up my new torch and maybe some stained glass frames that Jimmy wants to buy so that he can make new stained glass sconces for the bar.

Then with my fingers crossed, I'm hoping to make it Downtown tonight to see the Canopy lit up. I've been here 3 times now and I have yet to see it lit. We'll take it easy and try to go slow so that I can make it.

So here's to hoping for a wonderful last day in Vegas!

Hopefully Ducky stays close by because if ever I wanted him....it would be today!

No comments: