Thursday, March 6, 2008

Day 25

Yesterday was great as I followed the rules that my body has laid out for me.

I walk very slow to keep my heart rate down. I sit to get dressed and to do anything else that I am able to sit while doing......The fatigue is so incrediable. But my body and my mind felt sooo much better. The body aches where so little that I was able to pretty much ignore them all day.

It doesn't sound like I feel good does it. But I did. I think that feeling good has taken on a new meaning through all of this. Feeling good to me now means that I am able to cope. My mind is clear and I can focus on managing my body through the day. I don't have to spend it on the couch or in bed. So yes....I felt great! :)

Last night the little drummer boy brought his Kettle Drum to bed with me. Up and down all night with the thumping. Tylenol wouldn't even quiet his beat.

I wish I knew whats causing that and how to manage it. It seems like I'm getting headaches from laying my head down to sleep and I can not sleep sitting up. Thank God I went to bed at 8pm....up and down all night I think I still got enough sleep to be able to function today.

This morning the drummer boy is leaving as I'm waking up. Or is it because my head is no longer laying down? Either way the thumping is slowly going away.

My body is ever so slightly aching, but just like yesterday I know it will not get in the way of my day.

Jimmy has a friend who's wife was on chemo for the second time fighting cancer. Sadly she became depressed and commited suicide. Her viewing is today. He's wants me on A.D.s more than ever now. It's scaring him....but I am not that depressed. I do have to admit that I am slightly. I seem to cry at the stupidist things. We'll talk to Dr. on Monday and we'll see.






Today is going to be good. I know it will be. I'll follow the rules and I'll make it a good day.

2 comments:

Terry Lee said...

You might ask the nurse why they aren't giving you the 25 question depression test when you're there. It's very accurate and will let thema nd you know your state of mind. You're doing great!

Laurie said...

I will ask about it Terry. I' sure that they must have something like that to scale my mental state.

Right now I don't think it's too bad, but I can cry at the drop of a hat.

All of my blood counts dropping can cause that right? Maybe if we can level those off it might help?

If not, I'll take the A.D.'s. I'm not that stubborn!

You are always such a big support!

Love you,
Laurie