Sunday, November 18, 2007

*Snap....and it's Thanksgiving

Well thanks to U.C.'s advice, my Christmas shopping is pretty much done! For the first time in my life I'm finished before Thanksgiving....lol. I absolutely love Amazon.com! I got all of my shopping done online. No stress, No extra fatigue....just a lot of scrolling and searching on the computer.

Whats amazing is that I was able to buy stuff that is out of season like outdoor stuff that I could only buy usually during the warmer months.

I'm starting sound like an advertisement.....I know....but I'll tell ya....I hate shopping and this was a breeze!

My "to-do" list is getting shorter. Now I'm mostly concentrating on Thanksgiving. I got the shopping for dinner done. Complete with the kitchen cabinets cleaned and the Fridge cleaned out.

Today I have the Oven to clean and parts of the house to tackle.

But then there's the bike. The only thing that I've gotten done on it is the beginning of the eagles head on the front fender.
Just on the fender alone, an emblem has to go below the eagle....a riped and tattered US flag has to flow as if blowing in the wind around the eagle and over the top. On the back of the fender the saying "Some gave all, All gave some" (or something like that.
The owner right now is in Malaysia (long story) and won't be back until this week. He's very patient knowing that I'm having trouble.
Right now I don't like the eagle. But in my sleep I can picture it looking much better with the flag flowing around it. If I get too disgusted I'll just wipe it off and start again.
What is wrong with me!! I just can't paint right now! This will be the last painting that I'm going to do until I want to paint again.
As for how I'm feeling ok. Well, I wish I could gain weight, but how do you gain weight when all that you eat is mainly salads and chicken. All food smells so good, but a few bites of beef or deep fried food (to name a couple) make me nauseous. Maybe Thanksgiving will add a few pounds....or at least hold me at the weight I'm at right now.
I love Thanksgiving. I think it's my favorite. I can have my family all together and I can give them all the gift of a beautiful meal. I just love it!
The only thing that bothers me at this time of year is my own family. I don't care how many years go by or how many things happen....I think I'll always long for my family on the Holidays. But just like believing in Santa, I've come to realize that it's just not a reality. What my childhood didn't destroy...Hep C has.
12 Days to go.....now no matter what anyone tells me, that little "Fear" voice has stepped up in tone. The battle is closer and I'm ready....but the fear is still there. I guess it makes me stronger, because when I think about.....the fight has already begun.

5 comments:

Not Blank said...

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday too - no religious aspects, no 'will they like the gift?,' fears, etc. The day after T. day is the day I always clean the oven, no matter if I cooked or not, no matter if I cleaned it the month before.
Um....did I tell you that you need to wrap all those presents before you start treatment, too? LOL!

Laurie said...

AH HA! See I took the second part of your advise and ordered most of tem pre-wrapped! lol .... 99 cent wrapping charge, How could I beat That!!

Thanks U.C.!

Terry Lee said...

Hi Laurie, I found the waiting to be the worst part. Next was taking the first injection at the drs office, all I could think is, this is to real to be real. I had no sx's for six weeks, nothing, nada, then the fatigue, brain fog and chemo brain hit. It's been up and down since then, mostly doable, nothing has ever hurt me, no headaches, joint pains etc. I am a senior art studio major at Sacramento State and I had to quit do to lack of ability to concentrate. I have also quit painting and drawing as I find it doesn't come easy on tx. All in all, I'm coping well except for the occaisional bad week. I've had 5 bad ones out of 28, not too bad. It seems as though you'll be starting tx soon so I'll see you in the twilight zone. Looking forward to meeting you in NYC. Wishing you an easy ride, Terry

Laurie said...

Thanks Terry.

I'm hoping for the best...but as ready as I can be for the worst.

Your blog, U.C. and Tea's blogs have been so very helpful to Jimmy and I. At least I don't feel like we're walking into this blinded.

Thank you for sharing!

Can't wait to meet you in NY.

See ya soon.

Laurie

TeaStarWitch said...

Common, Laurie, nothing to be scared of. You'll see that actually you will feel better on treatment than now. Interferon will screw some things up, but instead will repare your liver. It's worth it. And I am sure your trip will be easier that mine.

Happy Thanksgiving : )