Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Just a story to share.


So a few months ago (4...maybe 5)while I was here at work I lost one of my earrings. A pair that I got for Christmas from a Secret Santa. (We exchange presents at Christmas time with a few people at the Bar.)
Silver with jade stones. It matched the necklace that Jimmy bought for me in Milwaukee. I loved wearing them with this necklace.

When I lost it, I looked everywhere and I couldn't find it. I finally took the one that I didn't loose out of my purse about a month ago and I put it in my drawer at home.

So today I'm outside going for a walk and my mind wonders to strange places sometimes. I was walking along thinking about the grass crunching under my feet and looking at the tree's, thinking that "Oh well, looks like everything is dieing....the season is ending".

I started thinking about death and I was thinking that one day it'll be my turn. I started thinking to myself "I wonder if there really is a God or do we just keel over one day at that's the end of it.....into nothingness".

I was thinking that I hope there is a God....I hate the thought of nothingness. Just as I thought that, I saw something in the grass and I bent down to pick it up.

My earring!

I lost it months ago and it was laying there in the sun shining from the silver. I couldn't believe it! It's like God was listening and decided to let me know.......

So there I am in the middle of the yard here, holding the earring up to the sky and saying " Ok...I get it! You convinced me! Hey....thanks for the earring back and thanks for the reminder! I know I forget sometimes but you always find a way to remind me!"

How silly I must have looked to the people out sitting in their cars during lunch break! But do you know what? I really didn't care how I looked.....

Ain't that so cool!

1 comment:

TeaStarWitch said...

I'm happy you've found the earring and the way you've found it is beautiful.
Once Dr. Jung (biggest philosopher and psychologist) was asked: "do you bealive that God exist?" -- he answered "I don't believe, I know"