Thursday, July 12, 2007



Another mile stone in the summer has come and gone.

The Briggs Farm Blues festival.

Every year Jimmy M.C.'s the festival. He and Briggs family have been friends for years and because Jimmy's Bar was a well known Blue's Bar he took his Blues experience and volenteered to M.C. the festival every year for the past 10 years.

What began as a way for the Briggs to hold onto their farm has become over the years a Blues Festival that thousands of people look for ward to each July. Richard and Allison Briggs are very loving and wonderful people who have found a way to share their Farm in an incrediable way.

This is my 3rd year of going to the Festival. The first year Jimmy proposed to me there in front of over 3,000 people. Last year we we're newly weds and this year he stood up on that stage in front almost 4,000 people and said how he would do it all over again and how he loves me dearly.

Briggs Farm will always be so special to us.

It's funny.....almost 3 years now and we have yet to have an argument. I don't think we ever will.

Now after the wonderful weekend....it's back to life.

My little Dragon keeps wispering in my ear.....still there.... no matter how much I try to escape it. Still creeping up in my head.

The waiting is going to drive me crazy. Depression keeps trying to find a hold on me and I keep fighting it off.

I just want to start doing something about this. Waiting and waiting and waiting......this is so messed up.

I'm sick and I'm waiting to get sicker so that I can get better. Ok .....gonna go take a Xanax now and shut this damn dragon up for the night!

5 comments:

Not Blank said...

Things to do while you're waiting for treatment;
1. find out if you need to get HEP A or B vaccine
2. find out if you need to get your eyes checked by an opthamologist before you can start.

Laurie said...

Started A and B vacines. I get the last shot on Oct. 8th. The last shot is one reason I'm waiting. They don't want me starting until it's complete.

My eye's? I really didn't think too much about them. Why get my eye's checked?

Not Blank said...

My G.I. dr. insisted I do this. Treatment can lead to eye problems. Mine were very dry, I had to use drops every night.

Laurie said...

Oh! Good idea!
I just had an eye examine not too long ago but I think I'll give him a call and ask him if he needs to check again before I start.

Thank you !

TeaStarWitch said...

It's very important to have full understanding at home when you are doing treatment. Because it involves not only you, but every member of your family and they will have not only understand you, but support you even when you are mad, frustrated and crazy.
Hope you will not have those side effects.
Wishing you well
Teah